Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

121 - 140 of 206 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Vet called at 8a.m. said he was up and moving around.....and eating like a horse...but not drinking so much....but he said he had fluids for the last 24 hours so not to worry about that now....said he could manually move his neck around more today, but he still yelped some when he got to one place....he said give him to at least 3:30 and we'll take it from there. I'll go see him then and see if I can bring him home or if he still has to stay another night. Thanks for keeping him in your thoughts....I'll update when I know something. [-O<

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
I am glad to hear Tux is eating! I hope he continues to improve! Let us know when you go to visit. You guys are in my thoughts >:D<

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Still keeping you both in my prayers [-O< [-O<

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
I hope he gets better soon. I'm sending lots of positive healing vibes!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Still keeping little Tux and yourself in my prayers. I'm praying he gets better soon and you can bring him home. >:D<

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
I'm glad that he seems to be doing a little better. I'm sure it's a relief for you as well. We'll be thinking about you guys hoping that he makes a full and speedy recovery. :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Feel free to PM me with questions. Even on another Boxer list, I only found one person who'd been through this. Then I found a Yahoo Immune list that had several members who knew their stuff. I had a truckload of questions. We've added Imuran along with the prednisone, per the neurologists at the vet school in Madison, WI. The combo is often used to reduce the prednisone more rapidly, and help with the side effects due to the prednisone. We're down to taking him out about once during the night, even when water is available 24-hours a day. Dose down to 20 mg pred in the morning, and 10 mg at night, with 50 mg of Imuran every other day. I was worried his little unit would fall off with all the pee.

Ann WI

·
Registered
445 Posts
OMG - I just now saw this thread as I haven't been online to much the past few days. Terri, I am so sorry that you and Tux are going through this. I am praying for you and him. How is he doing tonight?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
He's home ...but has taken a turn for the worse.....they left the catherter in .....I'll be taking him back tomorrow....its late I'm exhausted......I'll go into more detail tomorrow...Thank you so much to everyone for thinking of us at this VERY difficult time >:D<

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hoping Tux is feeling better this morning. Poor lil guy. >:D<

121 - 140 of 206 Posts