Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dogs at home are on professional and they love it, and dungy tries to steal it when he gets a chance.  It isnt very well known, it is only at a pet store by my house... it is the brand that they recommend... it is kinda like their store brand.

Here are the ingredients for large breed puppy

Ingredients
   Chicken, chicken meal, cracked pearled barley, millet, beet pulp, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), natural chicken flavor, flaxseed, salmon oil (a source of DHA), fish meal, salt, potassium chloride, choline chloride, dried chicory root, L-carnitine, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, yucca schidigera extract, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

could someone grade this or tell me what they think??

G

·
0 Posts
some pet store tried to switch me to professional also...said it was a little better than chicken soup/premium edge..b.ut not as good as merrick/canidae

·
Registered
204 Posts
Check this site out.http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php ... ngredients

I got it from someone from this forum. It really helps.

Please also look at the percentage on the package of the food.

Here's what the vet recommended for large breed dogs:

Growth stage                 Recommended Protein%                            Recommended Fat%

Puppy                                   28%                                                        17%
Adult Dog                              18%                                                        9-15%
Performance dog                   25%                                                        20%
Racing sled dog                     35%                                                        50%
Lactating dog                         28%                                                        17%

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i only skimmed that but i didnt see any of the ingredients on that list... so that should be good lol... idk if im gonna feed him it, im just trying to figure out what food im gonna change dungy to... im thinking chicken soup right now, but im just feeling out all the options

1 - 6 of 6 Posts