Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a pug puppy (6 month currently) and are thinking about getting a boxer puppy as a playmate in the fall (he would then be around 1 year old). Has anyone had any problems with their boxer and a smaller dog? He loves playing with bigger dogs and is very playful so we think he'll be a good fit. Any thoughts? We also have a cat...do they get along with cats normally as long as they are socialized to it when they're young? Thanks to everyone.

Laura & Sean

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
When I first got Attila at 12weeks old he lived with my brother until he was about 18weeks due to us not having our house yet.  And my brother had a pug that was about 1yr old.  And they just had a ball with each other.   And now that Attila is 1yrs old now he still gets to play with my brothers pug and weimaranier every once and a while since they live only a few house a way.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
We had two couples in our meetup group that had a pug and two boxers.  Both would bring their pugs to the meetups and they did well with all of the boxers.  They also said they all got along great at home but I don't recall if they were all raised together.

G

·
0 Posts
I would imagine with proper introduction and supervision, everything would be great.  On the cat issue...we had a cat who was about 6 months old when we brought Jetta home...at first she HATED Jetta...but Jetta loved Nermal..they eventually became friends.  When we brought Bo home, kitty was 9 months old..and to this day she doesn't like Bo, but Bo really likes Nermal and always wants to play with her.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Seems like Boxers and Pug's and Boxers and Boston Terrier's are a pretty common mix.  I think boxer puppies get along with just about anything :)  

The cat on the other hand may be a different story.  They like to chase them, but you just have to work on that from the start.  My cat 'pretends" he hates Fiona and Fiona "pretends" she does not want to chase him around the house....But, I catch them sharing secret moments together of play :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Odin does great with Nikki our 12 year old Chihuahua. If he becomes a little too much for her she lets him know! lol As far as cats... what Sharon said! LOL I know of boxers getting along with cats... but you know the whole cat dog thing. As long as you work with them. I've seen what she said happens with hers too. Pretending to hate each other and then sharing secret plays together. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts