Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Dog Treat Recipe is Made with Pumpkin and is Super Healthy for Your Dog.

Ingredients:

One 15 oz. can mashed pure pumpkin (NOT the spiced pie filling)
3/4 cup cream of wheat (or rice cereal if wheat-sensitive) You can mix this dry--no need to cook it first
1/2 cup dry powdered milk

Directions: Preheat oven to 300 F.

Mix all ingredients together. Drop small spoonfuls (I use about half of a tablespoon) onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 15-20 minutes. If you'd like to make bite sized cookies for small dogs, training rewards or just small treats, you can use a pastry bag and squeeze out rosettes about the size of a dime for tasty bite sized cookies!

Tried this recipe today, making 2 batches. I realized that I no longer had a pastry bag and couldn't use a piping tip with a ziploc bag because the mixture was too thick adn split the bag.. I had to cut the tip of a ziploc bag off so the little things came out uglier than planned but they seem okay.
If you make little treats you can get a lot out of the recipe and maybe give away some treats to some pals this holiday season :)

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I just figured out where the recipies went gotta go to the bottom and change the setting to the "begning " one and they all pop up this looks loke a good wheat free treat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts