Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We presently have a little lady that will be 3 in August. We are committed to a pup that we will get after Easter at 9 weeks. Anabelle is wide open. At play school she just about wears out every dog there. No fighting, just plays, jumps ETC. We had her at a wonderful boarding school and she was wonderful when the 3 week training ended UC UC, leave it and come worked. But she has faded, still listens but not at all like she did. When we picked her up, the senior trained walked me to the car and said "you have one stubborn bitch here".

Our plan is to put here back in school. They offer a one week follow up program. When she gets out the pup will be here.

Thoughts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think that training and rule following should be all of the time and not just when they are at training school. Enforcing the rules and insisting on good doggie behaviour is very important now you are expecting a new pup. Your adult dog should be well trained on the house rules and behaviour expectations now and then your new pup will learn them quickly.

·
Super Moderator
7,007 Posts
Sounds to me like the issue is with lack of rules and training at home. You can keep,sending her off but she will constantly regress if you do not change things in your home. Your new puppy will also follow suit. Maybe bring in a trainer twice a week to your home instead.

The reason why she listens after being sent away is because she has structure and consistency, obviously something she is lacking at home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts