Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that biting is normal for puppies but the last couple of days it seems like our pup is getting pretty aggressive with it. If it was just me I wouldn't really care but with my youngest daughter (3 yr. old) I am kind of concerned. We always supervise their interaction but he his pretty quick and has already gotten her good a couple of times. I am almost to the point of not letting her spend any time with him until he grows out of this stage. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
159 Posts
we're going through the same thing with Petey. We're not going to have any people kids, but we're nipping it in the butt right now because he is around kids. It's lessening in occurance as he grows, so I'm thinking that, Petey at least, will grow out of it. we pick Petey up and hold him like a baby until he stops fighting and settles down (usually takes about 2 or maybe 3 minutes). then he's fine. I was told that a few years ago, and it seems to work really good. I'd like some other suggestions too. Maybe something else will work better. I'm all ears too!!--Rich

·
Registered
34 Posts
With Tank I did a couple of things. If he started biting I would shove my whole hand in his mouth to the back of this jaw so he could clamp down and they dont like that so they stop. Another one was where if he started biting I would take his gums top or bottom and roll them over his teeth that way when he bit down he would bite his gums all while saying no bite and he wouldnt like that either. After doing that for a couple of weeks all I have to do now is say no bite and he knows to stop and he will either stop all together and look at me or just start biting the air in front of my hands. You could also just stop playing with him all together. This should also help with the other dogs as well, if they start biting just say no bite and they should stop. hope this helped

1 - 3 of 3 Posts