Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So dungy i think has a cold and he just went to the vet a week ago and they said he looks perfect, now his nose is running and he has a slight cough as if he is trying to get the mucus out of his throat.  Should i take him to the vet, or is there something i can do to help him get better.

He is just as crazy as b4 the only difference is the runny nose

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
That can be a change in weather and temp also.  Like using your heater more or less in your house (the nose), but the cough maybe the signs of something, unless he was just trying to clear mucas. :)

Tell me again how old he is and what his weight is...Also when does he cough, at night/morning/after playing or all the time?  There are OTC things that can help and also it may just go away on its own.....I would give it a little time and see what happens....

but, of course if it gets worse and if it does along with him feeling bad, not eating etc i would take him in....

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He just turned 12 weeks old, and idk his exact weight but he he was 14 at his appointment w/ the vet.

He coughs when he gets really riled up and when he wakes up for a nap... he doesnt cough all the time when he is playing only a few times, and he coughs when he wakes up when he breaths the snot through his nose... thats what it seems like to me

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also when i went the the vet they said his lungs and heart sounded good

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Poor Dungy!  Lola had a cold....I actually think it was kennel cough, but the vet said cold.  They gave me meds and also told me to give her robitussin (don't remember what kind....Sharon will know!).  She had it for over a week though before it went away.  I kept having to wipe her nose with kleenex!  Didn't stop her though, still was as wild as ever.  I didn't walk her for a few days, then when I finally did take her I looked down to make sure she was okay and she looked up at me with snots running down her nose....she just licked them up as if to say "it's okay mom, I'm fine, let's keep walking!"  It was gross and cute all at the same time!  :lol:    Hope he's feeling better soon!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds like dungy... should i take him to the vet then... the only issue is that i am home for thanksgiving so i dont have a vet here... should i find one and take him today??

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Oggie's nose has been running a bit since the heat has been coming on more.  I thought he had a cough but apparently it was reverse sneezing.  Make sure you know the difference (it took me a lot of reading and asking on here).  I think he was just trying to clear his throat,.  The vet said he was fine so it just appears to be a seasonal allergy thing.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Soccergk1987\";p=\"50810 said:
sounds like dungy... should i take him to the vet then... the only issue is that i am home for thanksgiving so i dont have a vet here... should i find one and take him today??
I'd wait until Sharon came back on and see what she says.  She might know some OTC meds you can give him until you get home and can see your vet.  I'm sure if you call your vet they'll give you some advice too!  Sorry if I worried you!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Kaci and Milo had the same type of cough/runny nose/reverse sneeze thing going on for a bit. Milo had it first then someone have whatever it was to Kaci and now they're all better. I chalked it up to a doggie cold that Milo had and then gave to Kaci.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts