Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy day... we finally got Koa last night!!!  (Pictures will be up shortly)  He's been a pretty good puppy right now at 8 1/2 weeks with the expected crying/whining at night for an hour and a half and then he slept through the night until 6:45.  Here's my dilemma, I've been reading so much about puppy/boxer/care, just trying to be a sponge and soak up information.  We live in a townhome complex with a small front yard and no grass (there are about 100 units with approximately 10 dogs total that I see bring walked consistently and the complex is pretty much fenced from the public community).  I want to be sure he's safe from disease but also need him to go potty outside on the community grass area in front of our house.  Is it a safe risk to let him excercise and potty in this community area?  Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I would be leary until he has had all of his shots.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i would agree..you can  never count on another dog owner being responsible..all it takes is that one dog thats sick and your baby will be super sick with the little tiny immune system...
can you walk thepup just for now in an area thats not community dog ..just for awhile?..maybe the same spot everyday?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
oh yeah they can be stinky. Savannah farted in my bf's face last night. The look that came across my bf's face was priceless-wish i would have had my camera!!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
we take mav out in our buildings front lawn where only a couple of dogs go. I know the owners so I am not so worried still we make sure he never goes near anyone elses poop. generally they all scoop. he only does his business outside until his final shot next week and then we will take him on longer walks....He gets exercise in the house tho because he has a little obstacle course about my living room that he runs every evening on time...strange

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I had the same situation you do and I opted to paper train Sophie until we moved into our home when she was 12 weeks old.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
As pups they can't do more then 5 minutes of walking per month of age...and they CAN get quite a bit of running romping in a 12x12 area if necessary...it's far more important to keep him safe from disease!  Also, if you have ANY family or friends around who have a fenced yard where the dogs are all immunized...go for visits!! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts