Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
I think that sometimes, your abundance of punctuation makes it hard to follow the idea you are trying to get across. I'm not trying to be rude, just pointing out something that I struggle with when I'm reading your comments.
LOL, well it would be pretty irrational, to consider legitimate criticism as "rude?" So, "We are Good" and you point is dully noted!"

I have heard "this," before in the past; so it's not new. By way of explanation, I blame "William Falkner!" I read one of his books, decades ago and it had one sentence in it, that was one or two page long! I don't rememer the book but I remember seeing it! And I thought, wow that was cool!

Now I can't do that exactly? So I cheat and go with compound, complex sentences and lot's of conjunction's! Most likely, it's not the best goal for clarity but it is what I seem to do ... apparently??

So I suppose, I'll never be writing a "Dog Behavior, for Dummies Book??" Still, as dense and confusing as I may be at times?? I am flattered that you take the time to "struggle," to understand what it is, I am trying to say. So there is that. I'll try and do better in the future ... but no promises. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I am posting because I need guidance on my dog’s right eye. Ever since we got him it’s always been a bit red and droopy. At his first vet appt when he was 8 weeks old, the vet told me when we finally get him neutered (around 1 year) she would recommend getting eye surgery for him because his eye was droopy. She also recommended nose surgery because his nostrils are small. I understand that both of those issues are common in boxers and I informed my breeder just as an FYI in case she maybe wanted to consider not breeding that line anymore. I think she was slightly offended and told me I needed to go to another vet that understood the difference between a European boxer and a American Boxer. Anyway, I digress. Obviously the vet didn’t think either issues were urgent because she recommended waiting till he was neutered and doing it all at once.

Now time has gone on and he’s almost 5 months old and his right eye is always super red and saggy. The other morning he had goop in them and I brought him because honestly it reminded me of pink eye. She told me not to worry and that it’s just part of his saggy eye and I’ll probably have to deal with it till he the eye surgery.

So am I being paranoid? Do I go to a different vet? Or is this because he’s a European Boxer and it’s normal? I’ve read other posts and it seems like maybe this type of issue is common. I’ve attached a picture of him and you can see the redness. He doesn’t itch it or seem like it bothers him, probably bothers me more than him.
not breed or pet for sure. any living being with eyes, can get red.

i know u give her all the water she needs so dehydration is ruled out. infection? if pus in her eyes hurts her, infection.

just red, nothing much more than that,. prob not infected but certain allergic reaction to something around your house.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts