Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there any recommendations for puppy food?

Joey our new Boxer baby is coming on Wednesday.

TIA

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Try searching on dog food advisor, stick to a 4 or 5 star kibble... Most boxers on here seem to do well on grain free kibble.. Stay away from the grocery store "crud" corn fillers and by products.. Acana is pretty popular among boxer owners, and taste of the wild seems to be a hit here too... Totw is reasonably priced as well, I feed my guy performitrin, but I'm soon to do a switch to Acana singles... What is the breeder feeding your baby now? You'll want to do a slow switch to a new food... So pick up a bag of what his eating now.. It takes us a good two weeks to switch Duke without getting pudding poops..

what works for some, may not work for you, good luck with your baby!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Once you have found a good preferably grain free food in your price range check out chewy.com. they have great prices. You might even be able to get a slightly better food for your price range. Good luck can't wait to see pic of your pup

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Most boxers do best on a grain free kibble. You don't have to feed a puppy food; an all-life stages kibble is fine. Many people love the Acana Singles kibbles (3 varieties in that line). Others like Fromm grain free. I've fed TOTW Pacific Stream with good results. If your budget is tight, you can look into the Costco grain free or Tractor Supply grain free (4 Health).

·
Registered
152 Posts
We use the 4 health grain free white fish food from Tractor Supply.. We tried so many brands but this was the only food my 3yr old boxer wasn't allergic to. We had the puppy on puppy food but most all puppy food has chicken in it and Nico would get into it and totally get a reaction.

So we switched them both to this food and they have done wonders on it.

Julia
Nico 3yrs
Star 9 months

1 - 7 of 7 Posts