Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our boxer puppy is 8 months old. We bring her to daycare once a week for socializing. Everytime she comes back we check her for scratches and she is good. The next day her neck has matted fur with crust yellow patches on skin. This eventually flakes off and we learned our lesson not to pick it off because it makes her bleed or bald spot. Is she possibly allergic to another dogs saliva? Anyone else have this issue?

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Nice pup! And welcome :)

Need more details...the crust yellow thing sounds puzzling

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After looking again it is scratches all on her neck and to me it looks yellow and crusty. Almost like when we get a mosquito bite and sometimes you get that yellow crust.

I'm not sure what to do. It generally goes away and flakes off in a week and the scratches heal. She isn't in pain and doesn't seem to care but I hate that she gets covered like this after day care everytime. I might ask her to be moved into a different group. They have her with the German shepards, mountain dogs, etc. maybe hey are just too big for her.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Since she goes to daycare often and seems unharmed I would:

1. Mention it to the daycare staff so they are watching more carefully for your dog's welfare;
2. Clean her neck when she comes home with a warm, wet cloth and if there are any scratches make sure those are cleaned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts