Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally got our new baby boy, We named him Raider. We've had him over a week now and I've only just now gotten to get on here because he's taking up all my time! :) He's definatley a handful, but he's worth it.

Oh, and I know puppies use their teeth, but we're trying to get him out of the habit asap. He seems to be getting the idea, but does anyone have any good methods?

And along with biting everything, he eats everything, including his poop... ew. Grabbing that out of his mouth is not fun. :p

Here's a few pics, they're mostly of him sleeping because its hard to catch him with the camera when he's awake!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
He is probably teething.  They make stuff for puppies to chew while they are teething.  When he bites/chews on something or someone that he's not supposed to, say a firm "no bite" and then give him one of the teething things to chew on instead.  He'll learn soon enough. :wink:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
OH!  And when you get the poo out of his mouth, brush his teeth!  They make toothpaste for puppies too.  That'll teach him not to eat the poo and keep his mouth clean for kisses all at the same time! :wink:

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
OMG Raider is gorgeous! I love his dark brindle, so beautiful. In addition to what Zhanna said, (we did what she recommended too) also try and leave the room and ignore him when is biting or nipping at you. This shows them that when the nipping starts the play/attention stops...
Also this is a great article on puppy nipping http://www.jersey.net/~mountaindog/berner1/bitestop.htm
Good luck and keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Raider is adorable, just love his color.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hi and welcome to you and Raider.  He is a beautiful boy and I love the dark brindles too!  Great pictures and I look forward to seeing more pics of Raider and hearing all about him and your family.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome home Raider!!! Those are great pics...Mandy looks a wee bit put out, but not toobadly as she is letting him sleep with her.... :) They also make products you can add to the food to keep them from eating their own Poo, I believe Petsmart carries them as well as Dr Fosters(my fav place) online

·
Registered
663 Posts
I heard somewhere that if someone rubs their dogs nose in poo then they will start eating it... Don't know for sure if it is true or not or if someone did that to Raider before you got him.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to Raider, he is a cutie, and Miss Mandy is also cute too!  :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
he is a very cute puppy! heres to a long happy life together!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts