Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I need so advice/help

I have two female boxers. They play together all day long it's really cute to watch. But my older girl (Lucy 4 months) keeps peeing inside my house. I except it from the little one (Evy 7 weeks) but Lucy knows better. She will go outside to poop but when she pees she has always going inside what can I do to stop it?

A little more info if it helps, before we got Evy, Lucy was a completely inside dog but now we can have them outside because our fence was fixed. So they are now both outside while we are at work and at night. Am I not allowed to let them inside at all until they both stop or what? On top of everything I'm putting in my new floor next week

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Why are they kept outside? Boxers are not an outside breed at all. You should crate then both with a divider. It's no wonder they pee in the house, they have free range outside, they don't get the concept that once they're inside they shouldn't pee..

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Yikes,7 weeks old pup and 3.5 months old pups OUTSIDE??

You got a lot of learning to do! Start by getting them inside!

A pup is a lot of cleaning at 1st,2 is well,a damn lot...and require a LOT of patience and time...2 pups if you are not with them 24/7 might just be a mistake...there,I said it.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
OK sorry, if you keep these dogs outside they will not learn and will not be housebroken. Sometimes it takes close to a year before a puppy is completely trust worthy housebroken and thats with them inside all the time, confined to a crate when not being supervised. Your 4 month old would be mostly housebroken if indoors but not trust worthy to leave free roaming, of course a 7 week ol pup really shouldn't have even left the mother for another week yet. When you leave puppies outside the entire area is their potty, they have no clue, they will figure the inside of house is the same, free roaming go potty whenever the urge strikes. You need to google and read some training books and by the way boxers should not be outside anyway. Why do you have these puppies? and two females? Thats another problem down the road. Sorry I don't want to hurt feelings that is not my intention but you haven't thought this thru.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts