Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I start out on my long trip tomorrow to get Brodi, I'm curious about him peeing. We have about a 5 hr drive back home and I'm worried about where to let him go potty. I don't want to put him on the ground to go due to him not being fully vaccinated yet against parvo. Am I right on this one or no? It's been almost 3 years since Chloe's puppy days so I wanted to make sure. I remember not letting Chloe out of my arms even at the vet's until she was fully protected.  Any idea's on where to let him go??? My SUV seats lay flat down in the back so I was thinking of a piece of plastic to lay down with some newspapers..His breeder said he is about 90% paper trained..Any other idea's???

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
take a pee pad with you.  When he has to go put the pads down and let him go - this is what we did shall Kash have to pee when on the plane and in the airport.

Good Luck - drive safe!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Is it that time already!  :eek:  I know it probably took forever for you!  :lol:  I don't have any advice, I wouldn't have even thought of that to be honest, I just wanted to wish you a safe trip. Of course, pictures are expected, LOTS of them!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Oh you are so lucky, have a safe trip and pictures as soon as you can.

G

·
0 Posts
I found that when we brought Jetta home *she was 6 weeks old and it was about a 2 hour trip* she slept nearly the whole time...I took her and stupidly just let her potty at a gas station...prolly shouldn't have done so...but...I think she would have been fine with no potty breaks as she slept the whole way on my lap...a few weeks later we took a 10 hour trip...with only 2 bathroom breaks...she would have been 9 or 10 weeks...she slept 95% of the time on that trip too

·
Registered
933 Posts
Well I don't have any advise but am glad you asked the question.  I'll be bring my new baby home in a few weeks and have about a 2 hour trip.  Have a safe trip and can't wait to see tons of pictures!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Have a safe trip! Can't wait to see pics of the new baby!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
OMG, it's time to get Brodi! Woo Hoo....Shari, I think the pee pad is a great idea for that long of a trip...Good luck, drive safe and of course we all will be waiting pics of the new boy and of course Chloe's reaction :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts