Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! My hubby & l have a 6 month, 2 week old named Laila. We’ve had her since she was 7 1/2 weeks. We crafe her for approx 4-5 hours daily while we are at work. Occasionally, in the evenings if we have to make a quick run (no more than 45 mins), we put her back in the crate. This is rare. One of us is almost always w/her once we are done w/our workdays. Over the last couple of weeks, we’ve noticed that when we get home her chin, neck, & front paws are wet w/saliva. There are also little puddles of it in her crate. She has also been whimpering when she sees either of us putting on our coats, but she willingly goes into her crate. We put her favorite toys in there w/a few treats. I’m just wondering what could have changed b/c our routine w/her has not. We don’t make a big deal when we leave or return. It really worries me & I’m wondering if we need to take her to her vet. Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated. BTW she isn’t a drooled any other time.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
No expert here but my guess she is having a bit of separation anxiety now, she is older and looking for more to do. Absolutely do not make a big deal of it in front of her., don't talk or say goodbye or hello just routinely put her in or out and keep those special treats for her. Perhaps something new? If possible perhaps you could have a trust worthy friend take her out mid way and get her some exercise. Just some ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts