Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
you baby will be fine....just make sure you watch them for an hour after for any signs of an alergic reaction to the shots...that is what the vet tells me

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Good luck at the vet. Let us know how it went!  :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

I'm so nervous LOL

But I'd rather her get her shots and be healthy than get something that could cause her to be so sick.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, we are all a bunch of worry warts when it comes to our babies....She will be fine & definitely it's better to get those shots and do what you can to keep her healthy....

·
Registered
135 Posts
You will have no problems.  The vet warned me that Tango might be a bit sleepy or not as playful... yeah right, the little guy was still a ball of energy lol.   Good luck it will go fine.  :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
When Kaiser had his first round of puppy, he apparently was allergic to one of the shots. His face and ears swelled and he was miserable. When I called the vet, they stated that was fairly common and the next time they would use a different brand.
When Chris took him back, they used the same kind, but gave us medicine in case it happened again...well, it didn't happen again, so we are not 100% sure it was the shot. He also got a bath that day, so it may have been the shampoo.

Either way, he was fine, just uncomfortable. I sure yours will do just fine!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

The vet was AWESOME!  Even Maggie enjoyed herself.  When we first went in she was so nervous, whimpering and whatnot.  Anyways the nurse came in to talk to us about having a new puppy and to make sure we were doing everything right (which we are :D).  She immediately gave Maggie a treat and Maggie was all satisfied.

I asked the nurse to cut Maggies nails since they are getting long and so she brought out a few treats to give to Maggie to keep her occupied while her nails were being cut.  Maggie didn't even notice LOL.

When the Vet gave her the shot she barely flinched, tensed up a little but that was expected.  Then she got another treat.  She was so happy lol.

We were given so much information.  Because of the fact that we got a new puppy we were given a Sentinental package and with that came a free heartworm pill, so we only had to buy one more.  We also were given 6 weeks free pet insurance to try it out.  (The vet doesn't hand out the pet insurance... they were just given the package to give to their new clients).  

But they were so good there and so good to Maggie.  I came out feeling all happy inside, which I've never felt like with any other vets before with my old dog.

Oh and Maggie is all hyper right now LOL

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Happy to hear you had a great vet visit! It really is nice to find a vet that you like!  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I agree, finding a good vet makes life much easier,,,You need to feel that you can trust them. Glad Maggie did well today... :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Glad to hear everything went well.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Yay!  How big is Maggie now?

I know what you mean about finding a good vet.  We are fortunate here because most of the vets seemed to have gone to Texas A & M for vet school.  That means not only are they good vets, but they're good people.  Well, most of the time! :wink:

Z

1 - 13 of 13 Posts