Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've got a 4.5 month old boxer puppy that wants to chew on our fingers, toes, face, etc. I noticed he chews the heck out of stuffed animals. Just like a teething baby. I gave him a rawhide yesterday and he loved it. Chewed on it for a long time (supervised). Are there any other good chew toys i can give him so he will leave our body parts alone? He has a Kong already and lots of dog toys. He is a puppy so prefer something soft for his puppy teeth. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I give my puppy Yak, himalayan cheese. I buy the large size. Its quite pricey and when they break off small pieces or it gets small you can microwave it and it puffs up. The can eat it without problem not like rawhide that can cause blockages. Also their many other things like bully sticks and I also give bentleys stuffed femur bone, also large and bentleys nature chews, prime slices. Most are hard but my pup finds them more satisfying. We are also now trying the simply nourish, training treats which my boy is crazy about. My boxer is 4 years old almost and my pup is a standard poodle, who drives the poor boxer crazy, LOL

·
Registered
634 Posts
We got our puppy some of the softer kong toys- red ones These was a yellow puppy pacifier toy that was soft rubber that he liked too.
We purchased them on amazon.

He’s a little over a year old now and he chews on our tougher kong black rubber bone toys. He likes the red ones still too.
He’s a big time chewer- and is teething for his adult teeth.

To stop them from cheering on us, we would pull away, tell him no bite, and then place a toy he can chew on in front of him.

The hardest part was training us to keep a toy handy so we could be consistent.

We’d love to see photos if you have some.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I give my puppy Yak, himalayan cheese. I buy the large size. Its quite pricey and when they break off small pieces or it gets small you can microwave it and it puffs up. The can eat it without problem not like rawhide that can cause blockages. Also their many other things like bully sticks and I also give bentleys stuffed femur bone, also large and bentleys nature chews, prime slices. Most are hard but my pup finds them more satisfying. We are also now trying the simply nourish, training treats which my boy is crazy about. My boxer is 4 years old almost and my pup is a standard poodle, who drives the poor boxer crazy, LOL

I will check out all those things you mentioned. I'm sure my 8 year old would like something different to chew on as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts