Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know that if I could write a journal of all the events that happen at work it would be a grand one that is for sure. It has been non-stop crazy stuff since I got back from vacation.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Re: My lunch time vent!

:evil: Some people are born brainless and heartless is all i can say :evil:  Sorry about your day.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

I dont even know what to say to this...It's amazing what some people will do. If he didn't want the puppies, why didn't he get his dog fixed? And then just to dump the last one off with you, and leave?! ....amazing....

·
Registered
2,004 Posts

If you are an Idiot please dont breed dogs!
I would go one further and say don't breed at all.
I'm sorry you have to deal with that Sharon.  Really makes me sad.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

As I read your rant I couldn't help but think of my all time favorite series of books by James Herriot - All Creatures Great and Small and so on.  He was my hero way back when -- so maybe you should keep a journal of your experiences.  Who knows you might become a best selling author one day!  Thanks for just being you and taking care of all creatures - great and small.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

Grrr...What a complete idiot!  Not really the word of my choice, but I can't really type that one here. What is wrong with people?  :aua:  
I really can't even respond anymore because the more I think about this the sicker and more pissed I am getting.
Bless you Sharon for doing all you are doing to keep this pup alive. You are a real angel to be doing this.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Kate...I would burn the ink out of a pen daily :)....An example....Just today and I have only been there from 8 a.m. until 12 (noon).
Spayed a English Bulldog..... Spayed a cat that someone trapped in a trap to bring in because it is wild, so yeah that was FUN to even get hands on it to sedate............Had a Chih that had got attacked by another dog it had to have stitches............. had a lab that threw it's leg out of socket chasing after a 4-wheeler had to sedate/reset/splint......... saw 3 puppies for first shots (a chi, a peke and a weenie dog)............... Saw McGee a wonderful brindle boxer for its last shots with Rabies-I was happy I love this little girl............. Had a tom cat that was blocked up-had to sedate, tap the bladder and drain.......... Had a cat that someone rocked back in the recliner and did not know it was under there and squished it's head (not sure about the outcome of this one yet).........          Of course had this little puppy issue which is still on going............ I am sure I am forgeting something....Oh yeah had one person who has 4 adult dogs and brought them all in for shots at one time, without an appointment so had to work them in.............. Treated a parvo puppy with fluids for a second time (it is doing better)....Okay I think that is it....

Got to go back to work though now........I will get a pic of the pup IF it does not end up going home with me to take care of tonight....

I am sure Fiona will lllllloooooovvvvvveeeeee that!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts

So sorry this was dumped in your lap. The gall of some  people never fails to amaze me. Before our last vet moved away we became good friends and I was appalled at the amount of dogs and cats people just left behind. Even when he had names, addresses, phone numbers people frequently timed the dumping with a move so there was no way to find them!!!! Such heartlessness is unbelievable to those of us who love their pets. Wishing you good luck with this little one, and I agree with the book post, think of the stories you could tell!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts

Sharon...
I am not a fan of my career...I always wondered if I should have followed the same path as you (my original intention) and your bad day still sounds interesting to me...hmm...maybe I should have followed my heart.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts

uhm Sharon..you knwo that pup is going home with you...as it would me...think of it this way...God found you for this pup..even if not to keep her..jsut to save her life..msut be a reason..

im sorry youve had such a crappy day for lack of a better word..

people are pathetic and do disgusting things !!! ..as the quote goes..man can be judged alone by his treatment of animals..

my hearts with you today...my best friend in Mass is a vet and the things he saw were terrible,aweful, heartwrenching and sometimes beautiful ...but boy did he end up with alot of animals lol..as did all of us..b/c of his late night phone calls can you take this one? i cant..haha

bless you sweetie..saving lives is never easy but always feels good..:)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

:x  Some people are just sick; I just wonder what condition the mother dog is in.  He does not sound like the type of person who would have taken care of this puppy anyway.  At least with you, she has a chance.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

OhMyWord! What a moron, i cant believe that. I am sorry your day has started out a wee bit rough :) best of luck with finding the pup a home. keep us posted on the lil girl

·
Registered
578 Posts

Yeah..I agree..that actually sounds like a wonderful day to me...I've alwasy wanted to be a vet, I just couldn't handle the coursework.  :(

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

Wow, what a day!  I can't believe that guy!  You are a wonderful person for taking care of the pup!  See, that's why I never became a vet, I wanted to when I was little....I'm sure we all did....but I'd end up with a farm!  So does Sharon have a new puppy?? :wink:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

Wow, Sharon, I am truly speechless...What an idiot, fool, I could go on and on...Bless you for saving the one pup...That is such a shame. Irresponsible fools, he never had any intention of keeping those pups, just was looking for a place to dump them...Let us know how she does...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts

Wow...all I can think is I am so glad that little girl has someone like you to save her and keep her alive...poor baby...I hate to think what the life of his DOG is like, let alone any accidental babies...I guess I will at least give him SOME (tiny) credit for compassion...because he brought them to you instead of dumping them or letting his dog "eat them" as he said...holy cow...

That is one heck of a bad day...so sorry Sharon...smooch the baby for us! And keep us posted...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

I would have never thought of people leaving there pets at the vets for good.  I wouldn't want to have to find homes for the pets, but it's best in the long run that these worthless people decided to abandon there dog.  Sad thing is, you know your dogs would never abandon you!  I treat both of mine like children and try to include them in all we can.  Here in about 40 minutes I ought to be home and maybe they'll give me some kisses.  I'm kid the wife and tell her I'm jealous of Charlie, he's been to the vet and our vet happens to be beautiful.  Jessica will/can verify that statement.  Well the wife said Charlie gave her kisses right on the lips as she was talking to her.  Of course I gave him a high five.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lunch time vent....Puppy Update w/pics

Well...guess what came with me tonight.....What else could i do?  My intentions are not to keep it but they are to save it. I am sure I can find a home when it is a little older.  :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 70 Posts