Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks for posting the video.  We'll get to see Westminster here on Sunday from 1-4pm, for those who my have AFN overseas.  They're all so cute!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
They are all so gorgeous. Gotta love the antics too!  :D I was kind of disappointed, I would have loved to see a couple of floppy's out there!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I saw the Boxer that made it to the Group, absolutely gorgous :) ...It's been a long time since a Boxer took BIS, Oh well, maybe next year :(

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I was disappointed that the boxer didn't do better but maybe next year.  Did anyone see a list of the dogs/breeder names that were in the video?

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
great video, thanks for posting it, i missed the show for some reason my dvr decided not to record.all the boxers were gorgeous, would have like to see a little more variety though, it was mostly cropped flashy fawns.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i still don't understand how they come up with the names.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
All kinds of different ways - sometimes the call name helps.  For instance, "Some Like it Hot" is called "Monroe" - after Marilyn, from the movie. :)  Or, the sire/dam's names play a part - "A Touch of Dash" was sired by "Dash Riprock" (all of that litter had "Dash" in their registered names).  A friend of mine had a litter sired by a dog called Chance; one of the pups was "Half O'Chance". ;)  Sometimes breeders have themes, too - "The Bronx MVP at Third" was from a baseball-themed litter - littermates were "The Bronx Bomber", "The Bronx Babe", and "The Bronx Shortstopper".

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I noticed the Boxer in the Working Class had such a long neck, and was not very muscular.  Is this preferred in the show ring?  I have no clue. They all looked a bit bored with the whole business.  Thanks for sharing this wonderful video.

Ann WI

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The Boxer should have a neck of "ample length" (which means longer rather than shorter, anyway), clean, smooth musculature, and should balance substance with elegance.  The Boxer in the Working Group last night was a bitch, so should be somewhat more elegant than a male.  The muscles should be well-developed but not excessive - this doesn't always come across well on TV with the lights and the shadows, and sometimes is harder to see on brindles like last night's Boxer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts