Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

First of all I have to say and admit that Leila is my first Boxer puppy. My wife had one before and she says she does look like one but last time I saw one at the Vet and s/he looked a little different than her..could have also been the age tho.
Now I just wanted to know what you guys think about her. Is she purebred? Or does she just have her 'puppy' face?
She is now 6 Months old and weights almost 45lbs.

I hope this link to our pictures works since the upload here didnt work cause the pictures were too large. If not please let me know:
AVTorresLicht's Library | Photobucket

Thank you guys!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awwwwww!!! He is sooo adorable!! *-* Especially in the picture with the snow :) Reminds me of Home...Germany :cry:
And wow..you can definitely see a change there. Thank you for showing me :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
New

Howdy from Texas, welcome to the forum.Great information here...Looks all boxer to me .Have fun with puppy,:hi:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Howdy from the Valley! :)
Thank you! This forum is awesome :)
I'm glad to know that she does look like a Boxer. I just haven't really seen a Boxer puppy in person before so I didn't really know how they look in this life stage :oops:
Thank you :) She's a hand full sometimes but we love her :)

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Yes she is adorable! She will go through some funny growth stages too. My favourite was when Duke looked like a baby gazelle! He was all legs and ears! lol

Also, American boxers have longer muzzles than their European counterparts :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you :)
Haha awee I can imagine it :D thats too cute!!
Im in love with his ears..they're so nice and Dark :)

I see! Are longer muzzels more 'healthy'? Cause I remember my best friend from Germany had a Bulldog and his muzzle was short to the point where it sounded like he couldn't breathe..and he was also snoring like crazy:b

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
LOL ... "American Line Boxer" to fill in the "gap!" Full on bag of "Goofy" to be found there!
By all rights I should prefer the "Euros" they have a shorter muzzle and are more stout in appearance ... think more of a miniature "Bull Mastiff." The "Euros" are the "serious Boxers" they still do "LE/MWD/DDD" thing ... the "AL Boxers" ... not so much. :)

AL Boxers ... "apparently" have a much higher threshold for heat than there Euro counter parts?? My "Struddell" used to chase Jack Rabbits in the "High Desert" in the NV summers ... I never gave it a second thought??? That longer narrower muzzle ... has it's advantages. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts