Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Big booooy :)

He looks great!

He could be Valant's brother,I mean pup....lol

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Wow he is gorgeous! You must be very proud! I am leaning towards a European Boxer when I get my next pup.. Still undecided of course.. but it doesn't make the decision any easier when I see gorgeous pups like him :yes:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow he is gorgeous! You must be very proud! I am leaning towards a European Boxer when I get my next pup.. Still undecided of course.. but it doesn't make the decision any easier when I see gorgeous pups like him :yes:
Its always difficult, US..UK or German:) Wishing you good luck when having to make your choice:)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Either the people are small, or that's a very large Boxer. What a sweet boy. How much bigger will he get in the chest and head over the next year?

We've talked about ethical breeding. Did the kennel you got him from ask if he could be bred down the line? He'd be a great Daddy.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Either the people are small, or that's a very large Boxer. What a sweet boy. How much bigger will he get in the chest and head over the next year?

We've talked about ethical breeding. Did the kennel you got him from ask if he could be bred down the line? He'd be a great Daddy.
As far as I know we don’t have any such issues here in Germany, at least I have not heard of breeders with such contracts. Breeders that are members of registered Boxer Clubs (Boxer Club of Munich (BK) and the International Boxer Club (IBC) encourage boxer owners, who are also members of the BK and IBC to breed their boxers. It would seem pointless to me to be a member of such clubs and not be able to breed (if you want to) because a breeder won’t let you. I do not think that a breeder as member of one of the clubs would really be accepted trying to enforce such policies.

To be able to breed and to be able to have the male/female registered as “breeding stock” the dogs have to pass numerous tests (health, character, conformation etc.), only then can the dogs be registered, and only then will the pups be registered as BK or IBC purebred boxers

So back to your question, I am not quite sure what “ethical breeding” has to do with “breeding down the line” Maybe I do not really understand your question but no I do not have any restrictions. So if I wanted to I could use him. He has not had all of his health tests yet, he has had his heart done and also HD and everything is fine. He has not completed his BH yet but one that is done then we will have him registered

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Quando,

Here's an example of a breeding contract. Bearpaw Shilohs | SAMPLE Breeder's Agreement/Co-Ownership Contract

This one really sounds restrictive. There are Stud Dog Breeding Contracts, Non-breeding contracts, and Limited Registrations.

It sounds like the BK, and IBC registration makes the breeding process much friendlier in Germany. It's very interesting. The Breeders who are involved in Schuntzhund that I know of don't breed a dog until they have the BH, AD and Schutzhund 1 titles. It is similar, but more of an honor system.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quando,

Here's an example of a breeding contract. Bearpaw Shilohs | SAMPLE Breeder's Agreement/Co-Ownership Contract

This one really sounds restrictive. There are Stud Dog Breeding Contracts, Non-breeding contracts, and Limited Registrations.

It sounds like the BK, and IBC registration makes the breeding process much friendlier in Germany. It's very interesting. The Breeders who are involved in Schuntzhund that I know of don't breed a dog until they have the BH, AD and Schutzhund 1 titles. It is similar, but more of an honor system.
Good Lord that is some document/policy. I am almost 99.9% sure that these do not exist in Germany. A sale of contract is signed when the pup is purchased, but it is nothing specific. You will find very few bitches that have VPG titles, there is a policy in place that odes not allow bitches to participate in working dog titles, I think from the day they have been mated until up to four months after having the pups, so this limits the time for owners of bitches to train for VPG titles. It is very common for studs to have their VPG3 title.

Much of what the breeder (in the contract) is looking for is covered here in Germany without such contracts. I do however see some genuine issues in the contract covering health, conformation and character, so I quite like that. I just keep asking myself how the breeder can really follow up on all of these things if the breeder is on the east coast and the owner on the west coast.

I guess the process here is “friendlier”, but I also believe that it is more transparent as all of the dogs that are listed within the BK and IBC are registered. All studs and bitches have passed not only health tests but also the ZTP, which as you know is the BK and IBC approval for having them listed as breeding stock.

Thanks for your input.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts