Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well I am not sure how i came across him exactly either i looked up your profile or i saw Magic and found Quando in his offspring you may have mentioned Magic to me or in some thread. Yeah i hear ya on that with him being used too often.. i guess when people see a dog of that stature they just want to breed to him you just hope they are all being responsible with the bitches that they are mating him with.

Hudson's father was only bred once and that will be the last time so he is the one and only out of Pfeiffer von der Sembacher Flur. After health tests i hope to breed Hudson in the future.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well I am not sure how i came across him exactly either i looked up your profile or i saw Magic and found Quando in his offspring you may have mentioned Magic to me or in some thread. Yeah i hear ya on that with him being used too often.. i guess when people see a dog of that stature they just want to breed to him you just hope they are all being responsible with the bitches that they are mating him with.

Hudson's father was only bred once and that will be the last time so he is the one and only out of Pfeiffer von der Sembacher Flur. After health tests i hope to breed Hudson in the future.
Magic carries a lot of white in his line (see Quando), owners of a bitch have to make sure that they dont have the same issue. I use to live in NJ back in 92 to 94 in Edison. Dont know why so many people have an issue with NJ, I thought it was great :clap2:After that I spent 2 years in CA.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I thought you mentioned Nico von Santana Quando. Another post, another brain freeze!

He is the sire of Gus' sire Star Trek. Quando resembles Gus' sire in white markings and size. I wondered if it was the Santana lines that produces such large and powerful dogs.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I thought you mentioned Nico von Santana Quando. Another post, another brain freeze!

He is the sire of Gus' sire Star Trek. Quando resembles Gus' sire in white markings and size. I wondered if it was the Santana lines that produces such large and powerful dogs.

Yes-- Sparta does look a bit like Quando but Sparta has less white on his face and his head looks a tad smaller. Love Sparta AKA Boxmann Star Trek.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

Quando is a bigger boxer but not oversized. I think the German lines are typically somewhat larger than the US lines

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quando is a bigger boxer but not oversized. I think the German lines are typically somewhat larger than the US lines
from what I've noticed, generally the Germans are not quite as tall, but definitely carry more bone/substance. 26in is over the height standard for NA and FCI. Here in the states, it seems average height for many males is closer (or above 26in) rather than 25in which is what the standard is. (63cm for FCI Males) Bitches here in the States seem to be getting too tall as well... :disgusted:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yes, you are right. He is just under an inch over the standard. I don’t have any figures on US Boxers, so I don’t know in what direction they are going. If they are generally getting too tall then I guess that is a breeder issue? It’s up to them to breed to standards.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts