Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 2 year old male boxer who is the sweetest little guy. He doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body. My friend is currently looking to get another dog and he kind of has his heart set on an akita or a german shepperd(both female). I was just wondering if anybody here  would know how these dogs would interact together. His boxer is very well socialized and obedient. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well when we had Rocky he did fine with other male dogs (boxers) on their property or males walking down the street.When one male (boxer) came to our home that male was aggressive toward rocky.Rocky did great with smaller dogs also (puggle,chihuahua) and he was great with my two female boxers

·
Registered
905 Posts
I would imagine they'll be fine together, especially if he's getting the new dog as a puppy.  Boxers are usually fine with smaller dogs, but can sometimes try to dominate bigger dogs of the same gender, but seeing as your friend is getting a female, this shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
As long as his dog is socialized well, there shouldn't be any problems. Maddie's best friend is a German Sheppard named Elvis. They get along great. She also plays with a Yorkie. Is he going to get a puppy or an adult dog? I think a puppy would be easier to adjust, but there shouldn't be a problem.  :)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie and Maggie are fine with other dogs... its just that some other breeds dont have the same energy as boxers.  So it may seem like they are annoying the crap out of the other dog... My friends have a bulldog and after about 5 minutes he wants nothing to do with Jessie! lol

·
Registered
405 Posts
Our 2nd dog is a cocker and while Abby is a tiny boxer, she's still bigger than Brady...they play together very well. Abby loves being chased by him and he's always ready to appease her.  You will see in my recent post that Abby has gotten a bit rough lately, but that is partly Brady's fault bc he doesn't stand up for himself!  Abby played with a tiny jack russell the other day, under 10 lbs, and she was great. She knocked her over once and the next time she tried, the jack snarled at her. Having never had this reaction from Brady before, Abby went running behind me to hide. She went back to play but was much more cautious in doing so. (I only wish Brady would learn to stand up to her sometimes!) She has also played with lab a couple times and done well. She does like to play but it seems that when Brady is done playing, she eventually gives up and grabs a bone to play with by herself. Although they have a different style of playing, I don't think that prevents boxers from being good playmates with other breeds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts