Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now I know Jetta is still a puppy..but she seems to have quite a bit longer fur than Bo...will this change as she sheds her puppy coat?  One vet (evil lady) said that the longer fur could be caused by parasites?  and I know jetta had quite a few worms as a baby...has anyone heard this before?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I never heard of longer fur being caused by parasites.  :?  Boxers tend to have different fur types. My last boxer had longer more coarse fur, while Maddie has very sleek almost silky fur. I think it's all in genetics and how they are bred.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Genetics....Samson's coat is a bit longer and thicker than Angel's..Actually Tia's was as well....How strange, both of my fawn's had thicker coats :?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, Bo's is very tight and close to his skin...very...sleek

Jetta's is a bit longer and extremely soft and silky

I always thought boxers were supposed to have the short sleek fur...but I just love the softness of Jetta...at what age do they shed the puppy fur?:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Roxy had a longer coat when she was younger too! At about 15 months it started to look shorter. Reeko has always had a longer softer coat and I think it will stay that way because hes german. Ive heard they tend to have longer thicker coats

1 - 7 of 7 Posts