Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..this has been bugging me since I got Bo...
My little sister says that she thinks Bo is cuter than Jetta because of his mouth..she says he is more "boxery" than Jetta...

Bo's Mouth:

Jetta's Mouth:

I admit, she has less "jowls" and her lips aren't as floppy...will she get floppier lips as she ages...her nose also isn't as puggy as his is...it's a bit longer...will this change...

Do I have a deformed boxer?

I personally think Jetta is cuter..but that's just me..she is the only person I've talked to who thinks Bo is cuter...I just don't know...who has the better head shape?  I guess I'm not 100% positive on what to look for at their ages...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I personally think that Jetta is cuter!!! Not trying to criticise but Bo has quite a long nose for a boxer, Jetta will get more "jowly" as she gets older. They're both cute though!!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
To be perfectly honest with you, they both have kind of longer-than-standard muzzles.  The ideal is for the muzzle to be one-third the length of the head.  Having said that, Bo is a bit jowlier, which gives him more of a Boxer-ish look.

I have to say, I have noticed a lot of long snouts on here lately - NOT TALKING ABOUT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR SO DON'T TAKE OFFENCE!  We had one new member in particular who only posted once and I remember thinking "That is not a Boxer".

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
They both look equally boxer-ish to me.  I do like Jetta's look better.  They change sooooo much as they grow.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
They definately have longer muzzles but that does not mean they are not boxers.  It just they were not bred to standard.  However I do think that the comment was more based on the fact sometimes people think the classic look (black mask, less white) is a more defined boxer look rather than flashy.  Both boxer to me, both are adorable!!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I noticed that Lucy has a longer snout than Sampson and wondered the same thing. A friend of mine has two boxers as well and her female has the longer snout.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
They are both so cute.  Kiah has a bit of a longer snout also, but she has grown into it some and her jowls have gotten bigger.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's all in the breeding...Buck was a classic boxer, shorter turned up nose, very plain with black mask, Tia had a longer nose, not as jowly...Samson has a bit of a longer nose as well, now Angel is back to the classic look....To say that they are deformed? That is ridiculous....Breeding, breeding, breeding.....I love each of them just as much :) And yes they do grow into their snouts. I found some pics of Buck as a puppy, showed them to Marq and his nose does look longer as well.....

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie has a long snout and is not particularly jowely... lol... Maggie is very jowely, and has a short nose!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I think they are both beautiful babies. I am not an expert or anything, but could the coloring on the muzzle have an effect on how long or short they look? Maybe that's a stupid question, I don't know just a thought. Jetta's mouth has more white on it than Bo's does, so maybe that has something to do with it!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
kris\";p=\"53191 said:
I think they are both beautiful babies. I am not an expert or anything, but could the coloring on the muzzle have an effect on how long or short they look? Maybe that's a stupid question, I don't know just a thought. Jetta's mouth has more white on it than Bo's does, so maybe that has something to do with it!
i think the same thing! :D  sumya's muzzle has grown longer since she was a baby. when i first gor her her face was really smooshy, since she has gotten older it got a bit longer, that is when i started to think maybe we had a mix . ( , i did not get her from the greatest place, i would'nt put it past them to tell me she was purebred and she really wasnt). but as i have said before, boxers come in all shapes and sizes. you do not have a deformed dog.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I agree with everyone else, they are a little longer, but both are beautiful babies!! I was just telling my husband last night how much I loved watching Jetta grow and I told him I thought she was SO pretty and that I loved her markings.

Milo has a short snout and is very jowley and Kaci isn't near as jowley.

Is Jowley a word? lol

Milo:

Kaci:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow, Kaci's nose looks a lot like Bo's...

I think I can't really judge Jetta's nose yet...she isn't even quite four months yet...and they do change a lot...and Bo is only 9 months...so he still has another 9 months to change a bit...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I agree... they still have plenty of time to grow into themselves!  :D i think they do have a little bit longer noses, but they look boxer to me!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i was jsut going to say we need a glossery on here for new boxerish words hahahhaha

i think alot has to do with the colors ..black always makes things look small hence why i wear black shirts the days i feel i want to appear a little thinner hahaa ( shh most days i could careless)

i think both pups are very very cute and different...

we all love ours whether short nose long nose..markings etc...their personalities are still the same

look at Isis...shes is so not american standard..well and WHITE lol..i love the way she looks but some people dont..doesnt matter to me..

i love most all the looks...just gives them extra personality :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
They're really at bad ages to judge anything about their conformation. ;)  Overall actually I'd say at this point in time, Jetta has a more-correct head - she's got more rise of skull, a shorter and deeper muzzle, and more tip-up.  That could change dramatically, of course!  She will develop more flew (jowls are the cheeks, actually, and flews are the upper lips) as she gets older, but males in general should be more flewy than females.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Lola's jowels (or flews) really filled out since she's got up around a year old.

Also, the angle of the picture can make a big difference in how long the nose appears.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts