Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok when we got Chance he was all white with 1 little black spot on his ear and a few on his nose....I just got done giving him a bath for his trip to the vet tomorrow and i noticed more spots appearing. Are they anything like dalmations? where the spots can continue to come as they grow? He has 4 new very light spot(and no they arent dirt    lol) I tried to wash them off and they wouldnt budge. My mom thought she was funny and said they were dirt   lol Thanks for any info

·
Registered
270 Posts
WOW....I've heard about that happening....that color can change as pups get older.  My new boxer boy, 7 weeks old, still has blue eyes!!  he's fawn.  His eyes aren't changing yet, but the vet. said today that color can change up to a yr.  How funny about the dirt!!...that;s cute!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my little guy has blue eyes as well....the deepest ocean blue i have ever seen. I didnt even know they were blue until my mom noticed when the sun shined in his eyes. They are that deep of a blue that you cant tell unless the sun is shining in them. I hope they dont change

·
Registered
270 Posts
Oh my gosh...I so hear you there!  I do not want my guys to change either!  Fiddler's eyes are a very deep blue as well.  Gorgeous!  I've talked to the breeder, and he said that my guy and one of his siters were the only two that had that eye coloring.  The vet. said that they still can change, but more than likely may not. How super neat that'd be to have a blue eyed Boxer!!  I bet your pup'e eyes really stand out with the white fur.....how beautiful!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Zoie was ALL white when we got her at 7-8 weeks. Now at 3 she looks like a dalmation...Gunner was all white also, he is 6 months old and gets more poka dots everyday...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you....I dont put him in his crate usually and the family went away for awhile tonight(4 hours) and when we got home hubby about had a fit cuz i didnt put him away.....i told him "i bet he didnt have any accidents" and he said ok.....he search the house and was totally amazed that he didnt. He slept through the night for the first time last night without having to go out to potty....felt like i had a newborn again(every 2 hours like clockwork) But he is such a good little boy. Reminds me of our black lab Chloe....she was very easy to housebreak as well and hardly ever had to be in the crate. I love the easy ones!!! :D

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Our Mic had quite a bit more white at first and he has TONS of spots now...in fact, I swear spots are running together(he's 14 weeks old now) and some of them are turning more of the golden brown of his brindle patches...some are chocolate(like chips) and some are still black...he has a big half brother by the same daddy who is white and his spots continued to develope as he got older...I put a pic in of the two of them! If you click the pic to see full size, you will see that Mic was VERY white when he was little...the one below of Mic alone is recent...LOTS of SPOTS! :)

Enjoy your baby!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow....he did develop alot of spots....boy are they gorgeous!!!! Thanks for sharing. I would love to get another boxer but hubby says 2 dogs are enough   lol. I have always dreamed of having a boxer and when our little puggle died of a congenital heart defect hubby let me get chance. Hubby never wanted a boxer, he said they were too big and slobbered too much but now that we got him he said i was right when i said once we had a boxer he would love the breed. He babies him worse then i do most of the time   lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!  WHAT is it with those men?!!!! My boyfriend babies our two Boxers way more than I do!!  Men are funny creatures!!!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Micnindysmom-i love the "eye liner" around the older boxer in the first pic! it so cute!! The spots most likely tend to show up more on the white boxers becaus of the lack of pigment (sp?) could be wrong though... i have never owned a white, but hope to one day. the only experience i have had in the spot category is on one of my previous boxer Bruiser he had a white chest. When he hit about 3-4 i noticed spots, he was a fawn though.

·
Registered
948 Posts
gosh how im jealous of you girls... hubbies spoiling boxers?? my bf of 5 years thinks I'm nuts!! time for a new one if i do say so myself...  :wink:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
kenya- my bf thinks i am nuts....and he is the one that bought Reese for me!!! he baby talks and is like "i am sorry momma was so mean, dont worry your are my girls' imagine a grown man saying things like this in a high pitched baby voice! greatness

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
OK...As for the spot thing...Lilly has so many spots that I've had people confuse her with a Dalmatian mix!!!  I'm also noticing that as she gets older, she gets more spots...

As for the wacky bf/hubby talking in baby to the pups...Mine does that when he thinks I'm not paying attention...The funny thing is that I can't hear him (hearing is rapidly going down hill), but he makes this ridiculous face when he does it that I KNOW he's baby talking her!!!

Silly Boys...Boxers are for girls...

Liz and Lilly

1 - 20 of 27 Posts