Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Question about puppy we are getting

3K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  Clss1380 
#1 ·
Hi all! We are so excited to get our first puppy in the next few weeks. The thing is I am doubting the fact I was told the mom was pure bred. I have seen the dad and think he is 100%. Please see the pics of the mom and puppy I posted and give me any input! I hate to spend a large amount of money on a phoney. We are so new to buying a puppy! We usually adopt from the shelter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks! I am new to boxer puppies and even buying purebred puppies! We always have gotten our dogs from the shelter. I am learning the hard way. [emoji52] I've been in contact with a breeder a lot closer to us who breeds not to sell but to get show pups. They are AKC and actually kept one puppy to show herself. She didn't have the time to train her and is now looking for a home for her 6 month old little girl. It may have been a blessing in disguise as she is already house and crate trained. She just a couple months older than we were looking for and I am afraid I'll miss out on the puppy stages....or not! [emoji16] she's health checked and guaranteed.

#10 ·
She is pretty and at 6-7 months still very much a puppy. The only stage you will miss is the needle teeth biting. The fact she is crate trained is big to me and that she already is on her way to be housebroken, she probably is and just not trustworthing where you could leave her alone unsupervised. I think this may just be a nice fit for you. Another thing a good breeder will always take back a puppy if you found you couldn't keep her. Plus she probably already has her completed shots and you can socialize her more from the start. Good luck and let us know what you decide. We love hearing all about the puppies and we love lots of pictures.

#19 ·
You should do the doggie DNA. Would love to hear if there is Chihuahua there!

We got him from a horrible family that wasnt treating him well so we took him i dont really know his age i have appt with vet next week but yesterday when we got him he demolished his food this morning he did as well but right now i tried to feed him and hes not eating is that a problem?>

#26 ·
First thing, akc or aca papers? Just cause mom has longer than normal boxer snout doesn't mean not pure. So either poor breeding program or mixed. Cute puppy. Just don't pay like it's pure. To be honest, mom should never have been bred if pure. Pay no more than what normal adoption fees would be. 2-3 hundred. Please don't let it stop you from getting if you just want dog. Just don't breed. Here is the problem. If both parents are boxers. Not the healthiest of breeds to begin with. You would be taking a chance health issues down the road that might be related to poor breeding. You are better off getting a healthy mutt from a rescue. If you want a pure boxer and willing to pay $700 or more. Look for a breeder that test for common boxer health issues and only breeds health tested dogs.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.