Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am confused on why you need to breed her at all.....since you only want a pup to replace your older female when she passes, won't this pup do for those purposes alone? Why do you need 2? It seems ridiculous to me to buy a pup, so you can breed it after the old one dies, so you can just have another pup....

Also my 2 cents are, you could ask for a small portion of your fees to be returned to cover her now necessary cost to be spayed, and to cover the inconvinience of not being able to get a litter, but that is all. I certainly wouldn't expect a refund, esp since she is so far a healthy pup.

I am also a bit surprised by the breeder, here most Boxer pups come with a no breeding clause in the contract.

·
Super Moderator
6,981 Posts
Wait a minute....

Both parents tested healthy is not the same as both parents were health tested.

Just so you know, there is a difference. Testing healthy means that the breeder takes their dog to a vet and no health issues during that physical exam were seen
Health testing however are specific testing done to see if a dog has certain genetic conditions that can be passed from one generation to another. These include:

Hip X-rays for hip dysplasia
Heart testing which is done by a cardiologist (both echocardiogram and 24 hr holter monitoring must be done)
Thyroid testing
DNA testing for DM and ARVC are also recommended

I am shocked that 2 10 week old puppies died from heart issues. They don't usually appear until later. What exactly was the heart issues?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts