Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can tell I'm a new mom lol. But I was reading something that someone said somewhere ha...that a bored boxer is a distructive boxer. Anyone got any recomendations for toys??? Chase seems to think that we should get him a bone to chomp on, are they ok for puppies? as far as toys go, rubber toys? a rope toy? what do they seem to STAY entertained with. The only thing that tyson seems to like are our socks. He cant keep stealing my laundry!! I promise last question for a while. Ill post some pics of the cutie once I can get him to hold still long enough to take one. ha ha ha

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
There is no toy that Jessie or Maggie have ever had that has kept their interest for a while...

the only thing i can personally recommend is making sure that they have a lot of exercise...

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
LOL!!! When we got Jessie, like i said she was 6 weeks, and whopping 6lbs... and she would chase maggie around my parents kitchen table... but because jess was still so little, maggie was so fast and so much bigger, that she would catch up to jessie running around the table... and jump over her...

I swear the two of them together brought us so many laughs!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Gunner loves basketballs.  He will run around the yard like a soccer player.  He puts his nose at the base and pushes it.  Squeaky toys and stuffies do not last at our house.  Any toy made by Kong is durable and will last quite a while!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
well once again my oddball family :) they all love to laydown in front of the tv and just watch it. I can walk out of the room and go check my email and come back down and they will be in the exact same place as when i left.  Luckily though we have a HUGE fenced in baseball/soccor practice field behind the house. I take the pups out there everynight and let them safely off leash-they run til they cant run anymore!! The only toys we have out for our pups are the squeaky toys and the rope toys-none with tennis balls. As far as bones are concerned we bought some dental ones and also another kind-dont remember what and neither dog wanted anything to do with them. They actually poo'd on them, so i took the hint and didnt buy anymore. :D

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie is a bag of bones sometimes too, most of the time when i get home from work and open the door, she is sleeping, and greets me with a big full body stretch and a yawn...

but maggie on the other hand... is something else! LOL!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, since Tyson has learned to jump up on the furniture, he will get up in the rocker(only if the blanket is there) and sit there and watch tv. he did it for 45 mins last night. we have a 52 inch big screen, and the rocker is so close to the tv, that everytime something moves he has to turn his head.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
tyson429\";p=\"7097 said:
well, since Tyson has learned to jump up on the furniture, he will get up in the rocker(only if the blanket is there) and sit there and watch tv. he did it for 45 mins last night. we have a 52 inch big screen, and the rocker is so close to the tv, that everytime something moves he has to turn his head.
LOL!!! Jessie was able to get on the couch at a very very young age too... almost immediately... she would dig her little nails in, and climb up...

·
Registered
616 Posts
We have to watch both of ours with ropes.  They will chew on them until a piece breaks off and they will try to swallow it.  A friend of mine will cruise the isles of Walmart and get inexpensive kids toys for hers.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[quote="JessiesMom";p="7098

LOL!!! Jessie was able to get on the couch at a very very young age too... almost immediately... she would dig her little nails in, and climb up...[/quote]

Thats why Tyson isnt allowed on the leather couch. Nails and leather dont mix well. Thats a big reason he learned the word NO

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Kongs are excellent for boxers, they are very hard rubber and the beauty of those is you fill them with treats and your pup has to work at getting them out  :) Samson doesn't play with toys, or hardly ever.. Now Angel is the toy queen..lol, but she loses interest after a bit also, not uncommon..I love Greenies, altho some people don't feel you should give them as there is a chance they can be swallowed, never had that happen with any of my dogs tho...They also have a rope toy, but it has strips of a dental floss in it, so it also acts as a teeth cleaner...Nylabones are good too, esp the flavored ones, pretty indestructable too...

Yes, there is truth to that saying by the way...Work in some obedience training during the day if you can. Keep sessions short and don't repeat the same command more than 3 times..I run thru them all, then start over again with mine....Anything that you can do to tire them out, is a good thing.... :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Odin loves his rope toy and his "rawhide" bone. Though he always finds Sarah's toys more interesting and fun then his. Her blankie, her building blocks, her baby phone, her hamper full of clothing (that he dragged from her room to the living room... :lol:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Voltaire LOVES these :love: I'm a bit worried he could jam one in his mouth side-ways one day but he just adores 'em more than the big bone ones. Rawhide d'you call 'em?

He's also "stolen" this piece of plastic water pipe and thinks it's great :roll:

All the chewy toys have saved my furniture from ever being attacked. Best toys ever are any type of balls - I've also ordered a kong. Good luck finding "the" toy!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
also a Cuz from we got from petsmart was a quick favorite around here.

And we found this big blue dog, that does a strange honking noise when you push the middle, and each paw has a squeaker. Diesel Loooves this thing. It's bigger than him, but he'll drag it everywhere, and pounce on the middle to make it honk.

Chewies are always good. We bought 2 of the Dingo brand, and both dogs love it. Granted Diesel always wants the one Chyna has..but thats something else entirely. =P

1 - 17 of 17 Posts