Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Iwill preface this by saying that this last weekend I went away for three days to Oregon for a retreat(Yeah!) and while I was gone, one of the dogs peed in the entryway even though we have a pet door they can get out of on their own...I guessed that was seperation anxiety, but, I have been home since Saturday night...we went fishing yesterday and took the boys with us...fast forward to today...I am very concerned about Indy...he's been acting very strange today...he has growled at two different kids who tried to hug him and then bit my youngest on the nose when he touched him while they were playing(I told Casey that he needs to not get involved when they are play fighting) he has also stood in the middle of the hallway, five feet from the pet door and looked right at me and peed...he has been going out the pet door for over a week now...we've had no accidents...I get this feeling he isn't feeling well...but, I have no real reason to think that...tell me what you think, please!  :oops:

·
Registered
291 Posts
i had a similar problem with my baby he started peeing on a green leather chair in the family room, it started happening a little more after the hubby brought a fish tank and started focusing on that, someone here siggested it might be a uti. the vet said everything was okay and suggested it may be a tactic to tell us he was mad or jealous?? i told the hubby he needed to share the love and we have;nt had another accident since. but i would check to see if it is a uti first.its hard to know what they are feeling or thining i wish they could just tell us

i am waiting to fix him but that was another alternative.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Sounds like he's stressed.  I would correct him when he's peeing and immediately take him out.  Take him to the vet to rule out a uti.

Where were the boys while you were out of town?  If they stayed home with hubby and the kids then something could've changed (schedule, routine, forms of play...etc...etc...anything really ) that could be having this effect as well...

Give me some more info hunny!!!  You know the drill...lol!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts