Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To give a bit of background...we lived in a townhouse/apartment complex until November 29th of this year...suddenly we had a HUGE yard...and a TON OF SNOW...winds blew today and the snow began to uncover just how MUCH dog poop we had NOT been able to locate in periodic cleanups...YUCK...anyway, we are in the process of dealing with the disposal of all that stuff and we are wondering what everyone out there does to deal with dog poop disposal with two or more boxers...we've heard of different systems...we would like some additional input as we approach Spring and are thinking of how to deal with the daily disposal of doggy doo!  Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I let them duke in their area, then on the weekends, you can find me on the side of the main road, with my pooper scooper and rake raking them and then tossing them in the woods.  I used to to bag and toss in the trash, however Hubby was less than thrilled on dump day.  Now I just toss into the woods, and let nature take its course!

If its wet, I wait until they are dry and rake worthy.  Nothing worse than picking up a soggy duke!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote="HannaBanana\";p=\"77508":1mp6fut5]I let them duke in their area, then on the weekends, you can find me on the side of the main road, with my pooper scooper and rake raking them and then tossing them in the woods.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Yeah I find that raw fed dukes are smaller and crumble.  They practically disinigrate on their own.  Kibble dukes take longer.   I am too amazed by the poop skeletons under the snow.  One would think it would compress them and break them down, but it almost IMO perserves them!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Jeanene, I bought a Doggie Dooley and had Marq put it in when the fences were going up...Now I'm not using it in the winter as you need to have a temp over 40 to make it work. So for right now I go out every couple days, rake them all up and toss them over the fence, It's our property as well, so I'm not littering anyone else's yard  :) When I got it I was anticpating a third dog, so I ordered a larger one as well..here's a link to them

http://www.radiofence.com/waste-removal ... dooley.htm

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote="samsonsmom\";p=\"77544":2t1vqapn]Jeanene, I bought a Doggie Dooley and had Marq put it in when the fences were going up...Now I'm not using it in the winter as you need to have a temp over 40 to make it work. So for right now I go out every couple days, rake them all up and toss them over the fence, It's our property as well, so I'm not littering anyone else's yard

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yea, I hear ya, that's why we decided to just start tossing it over the fence.I didn't want to put it in the trash..Course you could get a small garbage can, put a bag inside of it, or maybe 2, use that and put it out with your trash...Winter time you can get away with that, not as smelly :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
We have just over an acre that the dogs are able to get to and 4 acres around that so we use shovels  when we clean the yard we throw it out into the "field" area.  When we had three boxers we cleaned the yard at least once a week and in the summer 2-3 times a week (especially before we mowed  8O ).  

When we lived in town there wasn't any way to throw it over the fence.  We had a really big pine tree in the front corner of our yard so we scooped it up and threw it under the tree but at that time we only had one boxer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts