Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all...I have a few questions...as you know, Mic had some trouble with allergies a while back...I've had him on a maintenance dose of Benedryl and the "pink all of the time" thing went away...also, Indy is taking it as well and after being on it for a bit, there have been NO issues with eye goop for either of them...however, today I noticed Mic biting at a couple of spots and didn't think much of it at first...but, I now see that he has two spots, about quarter sized, that seem to be balding...any ideas what this might be? I know that Demodex can cause the pink color and the overall loss of hair...but, these are pretty concentrated spots...not an overall hairloss...any ideas or info is appreciated...

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Hmmm....that could be alot of things.....Maybe fungal (ringworms can be a round patch) could be allergy, could also be red mange...with it...it does not have to be complete hair loss, it can be isolated too...can you post a pic? Or I would go on in for a skin scrape....

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering now if these are bug bites...there seems to be a "head" or bite mark in the middle of each one...I am trying to take a photo, but it's hard to do...he is SO white that the reflection back at the camera makes it difficult! :) Maybe in the morning when I can take some in natural light I will be able to post a pic...

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
lord pray it isnt ringworm! those are a pain in the you know what to get rid of!! maybe if you are able to get a pic we could tell a give a little bit better advice. Keep us posted on how mics doing

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Kane has a spot on his each of his two front legs that looks like a callus or something.  Sometimes its reddish, but the hair is having a difficult time growing back in.  I was told they were pressure sores from being locked in a kennel that was too small for too long.  Is this a possibility or should I have it looked at again?  Now I'm worried too since Sharon says it can be a number of things.  He never chews at them, and one has started growing back the hair, but the other one looks to be about the size of a dime and hasn't changed in 3 months.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
kate that sounds like pressure points......You can rub some Neosporin on them it helps soften the spot.  If Kane is not licking or chewing them...If he licks the Neo it wont hurt...wait until he is ready to sleep :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts