Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have your boxers sleep together...on a dog bed or even in the same crate? We have a VERY large wire crate that Mic and Indy have shared from 7 weeks old(broken down in smaller sections when they were littler)  

Also, those of you who have had a bigger dog when you got a little puppy...did they sleep together at all? I would think the tiny puppy would LOVE it as it would be much like sleeping with MOmmy...however, my hubby is worried that our new baby girl is SO tiny she will be rolled on or something...any thoughts on that? I think she'd probably get up on top of them and sleep...but, I also think we could put the divider in...leaving just enough room for her to sleep in her little section and she would do fine, as she could still feel and hear them...smell them...but, no risk of them rolling on her...

:) Just getting excited here!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hahaha i think thats a greeat idea !! perfect set up..might curb her from crate anxiety too, having them right there..:)

i cant wait til you get her whoooop whoooop....

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
OMG I just couldn't wait to get her and I'm just very excited for you!!!  Don't really have any suggestions on the crate thing but what you suggested with the divider sounds good to me!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Kaci and Milo have always been in seperate crates. I was always worried that they would start to fight over something stupid or the Milo would hurt Kaci since he's so much bigger than her. ...but then again, I'm a huge over the top worrier.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Odin and Kyrie sleep in seperate crates... but when I'm going to leave the house for a while or what not then I put them in the same crate. Odin HATES his crate so it's not like he wants to have his own space/den... I would have them sleep together BUT we've tried that... and I'd wake up to them playing/wrestling... making noise. If the crate wasn't in our bedroom I'd let them share it. He loves the company... all dogs are different though! I think your idea is great... I think Reese and Savannah share a crate... not 100% on that though.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Jeanene, I think that is a great idea..It really could help with puppy anxiety seeing and gearing both Mic & Indy soo close....Certainly can't hurt.....Good to be planning ahead as well.....Hmmm do we sound a bit excited there???  :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mmm...just a little!ROTFLOL!  Like, oh...THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, she is such a cutie, I would be rather impatient myself...Dang, how am I going to control myself until spring with all these adorable puppies....

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
samsonsmom\";p=\"38605 said:
Lol, she is such a cutie, I would be rather impatient myself...Dang, how am I going to control myself until spring with all these adorable puppies....
Gee, I dunno...can't help you there!LOL! I'd be more likely to "help you look" and corrupt you! LOL!!! They are ADDICTIVE!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Jeanene, yup you all are corrupting me!!!! The agreement was I had to wait til after my trip in the spring, so Marq wouldn't have the added burden of worrying about a puppy while I was gone, plus the fact I'm waiting on a litter that isn't due til then.... :-w  8->

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Maddy was significantly larger than tink when we got her, and we did put them in the same crate together. Not too many problems, but might be a good idea to let the other pups get used to the idea of having a little puppy around them. Get them used to the idea that maybe they cannot be rough around her just yet. Cause i do know that at Mic&Indy's age, they would be pretty rambunctious. But i think they would be fine. Also, if she got stepped on i think she would learn after that. At least thats what happened with Tink and May.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Tink & Hector sleep together on a futon in our kitchen, but I kept them separate until Hector was housetrained enough to go through the night without accidents - I just didn't think it'd be fair on Tink to have to put up with any stinkies when she was fully trained!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Completely off topic but had to say how much i laughed when i read the 'boxer property laws' :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a puppy and a big boxer. They sleep together all the time. However, they sleep in the bed with me (guilty). I have never thought about one rolling over onto the other. I would assume the puppy would let out a yelp if something hurt her/him. Boxer puppies are VERY vocal and won't waste any time letting you know if something is wrong. I hope I helped.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MegRich\";p=\"38898 said:
I also have a puppy and a big boxer. They sleep together all the time. However, they sleep in the bed with me (guilty). I have never thought about one rolling over onto the other. I would assume the puppy would let out a yelp if something hurt her/him. Boxer puppies are VERY vocal and won't waste any time letting you know if something is wrong. I hope I helped.
That is what I was thinking...I think hubby is just doing the "daddy" thing...worried about his "tiny baby girl"LOL! She IS smaller, but somehow I don't think it would matter if she wasn't...

ps...if I had my way, they'd be sleeping in our bed!ROTFLOL!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I have a 5 year old make named Ekim and I am getting a little girl in a few days. I never even thought of him sleeping with her until last evening when my husband set up her new crate. Ekim ran right into it and took a nap, although he hasn't used a crate in 3 years. Iguess he made up his mind as to where he will sleep. He usually sleeps in bed with us.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I know this is totally off topic lol, but would you spell Pua's name phonetically so I can pronounce it correctly.  It looks so beautiful and my one week of Hawaiian lessons didn't stick very long.  She is such a beauty and I think I'm almost as excited as you are - can't wait for more pictures!!!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Kate\";p=\"39347 said:
I know this is totally off topic lol, but would you spell Pua's name phonetically so I can pronounce it correctly.  It looks so beautiful and my one week of Hawaiian lessons didn't stick very long.  She is such a beauty and I think I'm almost as excited as you are - can't wait for more pictures!!!
I bet it's pronounced Ralph. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts