Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering just how concerned we need to be with trying to keep Mic and Indy quiet after surgery? I wouldnt' ask, but I have had dogs before that WOULD NOT slow down, even post surgery...they just kept going as if nothing happened and we really struggled to keep them calm!  I know Pua is gonna wanna play...and Mic usually can't resist her(she is the only one who gets Mic to "talk" and play! :) )  Just wanted to be sure...the standard instructions are "keep them quiet" to which I always wanna say "Where are the sedatives?!?!?!" ROTFLOL!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
JeanenesBoogerBabies\";p=\"58340 said:
the standard instructions are "keep them quiet" to which I always wanna say "Where are the sedatives?!?!?!" ROTFLOL!
Haha...Yes I know....I see that same puzzled look in the eyes of many owners when I say those exact same words....Keep them calm for a few days...... 8O  8O  8O

But, the idea is to limit activity....Do not allow them to go outside and run free, discourage burning through the house, things like that.....Some mild play is okay....

The main thing with it is that if they run to much or are to active then the scrotal sac will swell and become filled with blood, can also lead to infection.....They need to rest to the best of your ability so that the little sac can shrink down.....
Most of "those comments" are so people do not go home and just let the dog outside in the yard to do as it please.  They will fell better long before they are healed well.....

Do the best you can and if that does not work there is always a good dose of Benedryl for everyone to take a nap :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
how much benedryl do you use for let's say a pup around 45 pounds?  I am using it for the itching caused by stitches during the first few days post surgery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts