Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do female boxers mark? I know males will, but wasnt sure of females. I noticed that where ever Savannah pee's Reese will go and pee on top of it. It seemed like marking to me, but i wasnt sure. Does that mean Reese is trying to be Alpha? Is this opening a whole can of worms between the two of them?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I know Maddie will mark. It's almost every time where a dog has peed before her. If she is playing with her buddy Elvis and he pees somewhere she will go over and sniff and pee over where he did. It's usually when he is gone, so I don't know if it is a dominance issue or not. I just thought she was marking her territory, it's her yard type of thing. Good question!

·
Registered
292 Posts
yeah, I don't know either. Guido always has to pee where Macy does, but Macy doesn't care where Guido pees.

Macy asserts her dominance over Guido by attempting to mount him...it looks so silly.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Maggie marks ALL THE TIME!!!  When we walk she lifts her leg and pees at least 5 times.  Jessie has never done it, so far!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
OMG, she hikes her leg? Wow, now I don't think I have ever seen a female do that....Neither Tia or Angel have shown any interest in having to pee where the "boys" pee, so I guess with mine it's no big deal, but yea I could see where they are also trying to "mark" their territory..Interesting thought Andrea

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"21670 said:
OMG, she hikes her leg? Wow, now I don't think I have ever seen a female do that....Neither Tia or Angel have shown any interest in having to pee where the "boys" pee, so I guess with mine it's no big deal, but yea I could see where they are also trying to "mark" their territory..Interesting thought Andrea
Only when she is on an actual walk.  When she is out in the court yard or on my sister deck, she will squat.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so since she is doing it immediately after Savannah pees..could it be a dominance thing? Savannah will stand up and sit next to me and Reese goes straight to where savannah was just squatting and pee more. Is she possibly trying to show Savannah she is alpha?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
We have had Kash for a week.  Hanna always went in the same spot.  However now she will go right over and pee over his pee.  Likes its a "pissing" contest or something.  ha ha.

I find it hilarious, but I guess you can say its a mark, and a remark, and a remark.

·
Registered
186 Posts
harley does that to my smaller dog. even though my smaller dog is basically the alpha dog harley still does it when ever my other when pees

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Female dogs will mark also....They say females are actually more territorial then males.  She is probably wanting to be "top dog"

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
You go girl!! :razz: I can just see Andrea out there marking her territory!! :rofl:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think i would get locked up for that...i dont think the officer would believe me if i tried explaining the situation

"no officer i am not urinating in public...i am showing my dogs that i am the alpha..."

i would be behind bars so fast!!  :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts