Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 99.9% sure we are going to have a 1 year female boxer in our home by next week.  YIPPEE.....

Anyway, I was wondering which type of leash is best for them - a collar one around the nect or a harness?  I have to use a harness one on my shelties because of all their hair a collar just slips right off.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i think you should ask the rescue (or wherever your getting her from) what works best for her...it depends on what works best for the dog...

congrats on your new addition

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
To me it depends.  I would access the one year old and see how she does on lead.  If she is pulling on flat buckle and lead then you may have to work with her on that (the pulling) if you want to use that as means of walking or try out the harness to gain control over her if she is a puller.

I would just stick if you are buying before hand with the collar and leash.  That way if it is not working out, you can take her to the store and fit her for a harness.  

Congrats on your new addition (99%)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
welcome! one thing you want to think about is her pulling power. a harness may give her more power of the leash than you want. i would double check with the rescue on what they use. for my girls, savannah is on a lead (collar and leash)  and has done wonderfully but when we adopted her she was already used to the lead (she is 2) our baby Reese (7 months!!) we had to use a gentle leader at first becuase we couldnt get her to stop pulling. After about 2 months of working on the gentle leader we moved to lead and she is perfect now.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm not getting her from the rescue, I never heard anything back from them.  This is from a person that is trying to find a good home for their boxer.  So I guess I'll just ask them how she does and see what they say.

My husband says he will go Monday and look at her and probably bring her home, I can't go because I have to work.  He just happens to be on vacation next week.  So I'll be on pins and needles all day until I can get home and see her.  LOL

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Let us know what happens, if you get her we need pictures :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts