Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we have been on the topic lately i have another question i wanted to throw out to y'all. First let me update-Savannah has apparently is used to Reese being seperated because she has stopped using her kennel and a toilet.

Now my issue is i found out that Reese still uses the kennel to pee in.I thought she was over this now that she is 7 months. I take her water up at night no later than 8 and she goes out at for the last time between 930-1030-just depends on whats going on. When i seperated them i put a blanket in each kennel, and have had to wash it every day. After washing it 3 days in a row i stopped putting it in her kennel. so i got to wondering about the kennel that was shared. I went and got my cleaner, sprayed the kennel bed and wiped and it came back a brownish yellow color!! Ewww!!! She did it again last night. when i went to let her out this morning she hit the back of my leg and her feet were completly wet, but there was no sign of the kennel mat being wet. so i went into major cleaning mode- completly cleaned both kennels, gave both girls a bath and ended up steam cleaning the carpets as well. so now am i not only feeling bad cause i had no clue since it was never wet or anything i am wondering how long this has been going.  So now i question is she drinking it? if so that is gross. My second question would be why is she doing this if her water is taken up no later than 8 and she goes out between 930-1030?? i feel like a bad mom for not realizing this sooner and trying to correct the issue.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Dogs/Pups in general do not drink their own urine.  However urine is normally pretty sterile so it would not hurt if they did. I would think at 7 months that she would not be going in her kennel. Does/did she smell like urine?  You said the kennel mat did not seem wet.  Are you sure she had not been licking her feet???  I would think that going out at 9-10 that she could make it until the morning, you did not say what time you got up though???  :D

I leave water down for Fiona 24/7 and she goes out about 9pm and then stays either out or in her kennel until 5:45-6 the next morning on the weekends that changes some.  Fiona has not had an accident in her kennel since about 4 months old...

I would say if you are sure its urine I would have her checked to make sure there is not something going on that she cant hold it at night...she should be able to do that...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well all 4 feet were very wet so she would have had to do a lot of licking if it were that. She didnt smell like urine, but each morning her blanket would. that is until i stopped putting the blanket in there. On weekdays they both go out around 630 and weekends usually 730 in the morning. If it wasnt pee though why when i cleaned the kennel mat was it the same brownish yellow color it was before she was completly trained? I guess i will set up an appointment with her vet to check her out. we went not too long ago and she was healthy, but i didnt address this issue specifically...i didnt really know it was an issue. maybe it isnt, but it doesnt hurt to check things out....make sure plumbing is working ok :)

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
sharonL\";p=\"30016 said:
I wonder if she if urinating in her sleep....dream and pee kind of thing
I remember doing that when I was a little girl.  I would dream that I was using the bathroom, but I was actually wetting the bed!  Of coarse, I was like 6 or something.  

Good luck w/her and keep us posted. :D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that could be apossibility. i woke up this morning took 'em both out and she wasnt wet, and her kennel came back clean (i wiped it down to check) i think maybe she knew i was talking about her and she got embarassed :D

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
southerngirls\";p=\"30040 said:
that could be apossibility. i woke up this morning took 'em both out and she wasnt wet, and her kennel came back clean (i wiped it down to check) i think maybe she knew i was talking about her and she got embarassed :D

hey whatever works!!!!  :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts