Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know im kinda repetitive, but its comming soon so i have to ask... we decided on Royal Canin boxer for Hailees adult food... is 6 months too soon, i think "puppy" food is kinda just a marketing thing and i know there are all stages food but we both think this is what we feel will be best for our baby girl... soooo i know im kinda rambaling but anyways what do u think 6 months? is that the right age to switch or is that too soon?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Ive been reading up on this too since Mav just turned 6 mo old and from what ive read it isnt too soon as long as you just check the protein and fat content and make sure they are within reason. I think the protein should not be over 26 but i cant completely remember. I dont think puppy food is really anything more than a higher protien in it. Anyway many people have been making that switch so Im sure youll get better ideas soon. I could be wrong but i dont think it is too soon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, in the case of Royal I think it's fine... I used to fed Scooby RC but he had big stomach issues with this and after the mayor recall earlier this year we decided on feedind a better food, so now Scooby eats an All Stage Formula from Canidae, which it's so much better (sotmach issues disappeared, skin, coat and energy level improved), it is good for puppies and adults...

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
RC Boxer is fine, a bit over priced IMO but its a good food.   6 months is perfect for feeding and many kibbles come in "all life stages" so there is not need for puppy, adult, or senior foods.

I think at 6 months switching two two scheduled feeds a day is ideal if you are doing more. Good Luck with te switch and hope all goes well:)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Odin is 10 months old and still on puppy food. I've also been wanting to make the switch... he's almost out of this bag actually. I should go today and buy new food so I have enough food to transition him over with.

I've heard 6 months is okay... I think RC actually states on their's that you should switch at 15 months or something to that affect. It's been a while since I looked cause at one point I was extremely interested in getting him that food also but he was only like 4 months old.

Good Luck... hopefully it settles well with her stomach.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts