Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:think: My two are only 9 weeks old.  Are they too young to start trying the potty bell?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Not at all, Delila was also 9 weeks when we started and within a few days she caught on. Now at 5 months she rings to go out 95% of the time, the other 5% she gets the floor. Oh well, the joys of puppyhood.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I second that.  I got mine at 8 weeks... joined the forum I think the 1st night home w/ them... set up the bell a few days later and they caught on within 3-4 days.  Everytime I took them out I would grab their paw and show them how to ring it.  Worked like a charm.  They are 4 months now and they still either use the bell or they sit by the door and whine.

G

·
0 Posts
We started Jetta at 12 weeks  old...she had the bell in 2 days straight...now she is under 6 months 98% housebroken with the bell...and has been since about 3 months old...Bo was 9 months when we introduced him and it finally has caught on with him...he rings it now quite often...but it took him a little over 2 months to pick it up...I think they pick it up quicker at an earlier age...

G

·
0 Posts
I would definately try it...it's a wonderful thing and makes housebreaking SOOO easy...I was so scared about the potty training days...they were very easy...We only had less than a month of accidents...now very few...and boy do they know the bell...They will go crazy with it depending on the severity of the need...they will pound it sometimes...other times just a little nudge...it's funny...

·
Registered
412 Posts
It's definatly a great training tool. Start early, absolutly. BUT, they can abuse the bell too, and DRIVE YOU NUTZ!  Such nice pups. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts