Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, today is a sad day, i had to put Fawn (Ambition) down this morning, after 6 months she finally lost most of the control of her back legs, she could still walk but kept falling down, she had that look on her face... like whats wrong with me, i knew it was time to say goodbye, she was ten years old and the prettiest boxer conformation wise that we have ever owned, i was told by many top professional boxer handler's that this type of boxer only comes once in a life time, i am so blessed to have produced her and owned her, my handler told me once that she could have easily been at least #5 in the country with minimal showing but i was at my end in breeding boxers and decided that i wasn't going to show anymore and gave Fawn the greatest gift of all... a forever loving home where she could actually enjoy her life and yes she slept in my bed with me and with all my other boxers, we love you soooooooo much Fawney R.I.P, what makes it even harder is that my other two boxers, Fawns sisters... are also loosing their back legs, so it must be genetic, we're so heartbroken.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
:cry: Oh Greg I am so sorry for your loss; we all know you did the best anyone could do for their beloved baby. I am sure Ambition knew that too. Hugs

·
Super Moderator
7,031 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Sound like she had degenerative myelopathy. Please know that there is no pain associated to this condition. You did right by your girl, she was just as blessed to have a owner who loved and cared for her.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am so sorry for your loss. Sound like she had degenerative myelopathy. Please know that there is no pain associated to this condition. You did right by your girl, she was just as blessed to have a owner who loved and cared for her.
Yes, that is what she had, makes the decision even harder because other than the back leg loss they are 1000% all there, it's tough but i know i did the right thing, i wouldn't want her to suffer, ten years goes by so fast, feels like it was just yesterday that i was bottle feeding, give hugs to all your fur babies for me.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Greg, I am so sorry! I always admire how beautiful your Boxers are. I've looked at your pictures many times. I can only imagine the grief you are going through. This is by far the hardest part of owning these great dogs.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Im so sorry Greg. Fawn was much loved. Hugs to you and Godspeed sweet Fawn

·
Registered
499 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss. Fawn was a beautiful lady. She is running the hills with her friends, all the while knowing how much you loved her and cared for her. Take care.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss :(

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Greg, I am so sad to hear about your girl. I know how much you love her and all your Boxers. You did the right thing; the kindest, loving thing though very very hard. Hugs to you and your family at this most difficult time

·
Registered
307 Posts
I lost my first boxer Charlie to DM.....and you're right, it's so hard to know that you have to let them go when the only thing that's wrong is that they can't walk without falling.

Thankfully, there is no pain (except for us; this is one disease that the parents feel all the pain), but I really think (at least in Charlie's case, anyway), that the hardest thing for him was the loss of dignity.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
236 Posts
My condolences. Never a easy thing to do, even when you know it the right thing to do.
Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
So sorry for your loss, Greg. What a difficult decision this must have been for you to make. But Fawn lived a full life surrounded by love. Please hug your other boxer babies for us.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss Greg. R.I.P. beautiful girl.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts