Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had to Wrigley put to sleep yesterday morning. The brain tumor finally got the best of him.

A little history: He was diagnosed with the brain tumor in August and we had surgery to remove his right eye because the tumor was pressing on the optic nerve. They checked his left eye, which was fine and gave us a prognosis of 4-9 months. Sadly, two weeks later he lost sight in that eye. He had been doing fairly well getting around until a few days ago and then we had a rough night on Saturday...I was up most of the night with him. We knew it was time to let him go. He has been such a good dog. We rescued him at 11 months and found out through routine bloodwork before neutering him that he had lepto. Then last year, he had to have part of his jaw removed. He is one tough boy.

It was so hard to say goodbye but he has been an amazing companion and we knew it was time. He will always be in our hearts.

This has been a tough year. We lost Rocco to a brain tumor in February.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So sorry for your loss. That never gets any easier and you never fully heal from something like that. Take comfort in the fact that you gave him a wonderful life and he in turn gave you some of the best years of yours.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So sorry for your loss. That never gets any easier and you never fully heal from something like that. Take comfort in the fact that you gave him a wonderful life and he in turn gave you some of the best years of yours.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thank you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My condolences...loss of a special buddy is so hard but it does get better so just hang in there...try to think about all the good times you had with him...he's not far away if you are looking he will give you signs....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just lost my Apollo last week at 11 years 3 months. He was a bit off for a few months. Accidents became more frequent and some issues eating certain foods. He also had some directional issues and sleeping a bit more. I chalked it up to old age mostly. Out of nowhere he had a massive seizure early one morning followed by at least 3 more seizures later that day. The last one he was in for an hour and only heavy meds kept him calm. His blood work was normal so the vet all but confirmed a brain tumor. I decided that night to let him go. I have some regrets about maybe not doing enough or giving him a chance to bounce back. The fact that all this happened in just a matter of hours really eats at me. I know at least he is pain free after suffering for a while. Just so shocked it all happened so fast.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
stevek845...I am sorry for your loss. It is difficult when you have had them so long and they have become part of your family. I think you did right by him and didn't let him suffer . I would do the same. There is only so much, (Unfortunately) that we can do when our dogs age.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts