Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this type of rash on their boxer? Red spots and she's losing hair where the rash is. Started on her chest and has creeped up to her jowls. We have tried medicated shampoos and sprays but neither seem to help. Not even an allergy shot from the vet is helping. Could this be food related? She is currently not on a grain free diet as I've read studies that suggest this type of diet affects the heart and we know Boxers are prone to heart issues. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi. Does she have spots on the inside of her ears too? When mine gets the occasional rash it's always accompanied with spots inside her ears - and usually once they go away the rest of her body clears up too.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Any new toys or collars? Are you using any new airfreshners, shampoos etc? I'm sure you've probably already thought of all this kind of stuff.

I've never seen anything like it, so I'm not sure!

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New shampoo but that is for the rash. She has a new harness but this started before that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
566 Posts
Does she play with another dog maybe a puppy? She looks like she is just scratching alot. I don't think food allergy is the problem that usually involves hair loss and very red ears. Sometimes they get grass allergies or a collar maybe bothering her? Maybe wash the area with chlorohexidine shampoo? Keep the area dry too. Eliminate plastic food bowls as well stainless steel or porcelain no plastic and wash daily. And that's great you don't use grain free dog food I lost two dogs because of that.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I would have guessed the harness if it wa sjust on the chest but that isn't it if its spreading upwards.

Has she been to the beach lately? Reason I ask, is a previous boxer owner had their dog to the beach and was drying the dog off but in the process was pushing sand into the pores.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We do have a puppy that likes to hang on her jowls but not her chest. She doesn’t seem to be scratching either.

·
Registered
566 Posts
That really looks like puppy damage to me, when I had an adult and a puppy at the same time my older dog looked like that it was bumpy feeling its scratches and bites from the puppy I think they get like little skin infections from it and when you wash it sometimes the hair will fall out some its not dangerous usually will go away once the puppy outgrows the biting stage! I would keep it clean and monitor the area for infections

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ll have to monitor things closely and make sure we keep the wrestling to a minimum.
Thank you for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts