Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jessie is just over a year old and Maggie just turned 3... Maggie has far more energy then Jessie has ever had.

Jessie gets a 5 and Maggie gets a 10 on my scale!

When ever they play together... Jessie always lays down in the middle of playing and Maggie just kinda stands there and waits for Jessie to start playing again...

Like this:

This was in February or March maybe... Jessie wasnt even a year old yet...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hoosier gets a 9. When we take him to day care, the staff ALWAYS comments on how he plays ALL DAY non-stop. We tell them that he's gonna do that when we drop him off, but they never believe us! I've only seen him truly tired 3-4 in the 4 months we've have him....and believe me I've tried! He shuts down the park all the time! Good thing is, he's not crazy all the time in the house...only in bursts before he takes a nap.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would give Jessie a 10 once she goes she dont stop for nothing. She love to run laps around me in a circle its so funny

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Lola gets an 11!  I've never had or seen a dog with so much energy.  We could take her to the park for an hour or two, she'll run around...in and out of water, up hills, play with other dogs.  Then we bring her home, she grabs a drink of water and is good to go!  Last night I was falling asleep on the couch and she kept sticking toys in my face and hands!  Wish I had her energy!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Macy gets a 10 and Guido gets a 3.

Macy always wants to play and I mean ALWAYS. She likes to taunt Guido with a toy and then run laps around the kitchen while he chases her. That doesn't last long with Guido, he gives up.

The funniest thing ever is when they decide to play tug of war. If Guido tried he would win, but once Macy starts pulling he lays down and she ends up pulling him all the way across the living room while he lays on his stomach. I can't wait to get that on camera! He's got 25 lbs. on her too!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Savannah is a 3..maybe 4. The only time she does anything that is non-stop is when we take her to the field behind the house and let her go. She will run non-stop, when it is time to go home though she is back to her lazy ole self.

Reese i would say used to be a 4, but is not at a 6. She is finding herself and is just constantly moving. It is so hard to get her just to chill for one second!! she isnt very energetic, but just always walking around...never still

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Alicia\";p=\"27529 said:
Lola gets an 11! I've never had or seen a dog with so much energy. We could take her to the park for an hour or two, she'll run around...in and out of water, up hills, play with other dogs. Then we bring her home, she grabs a drink of water and is good to go! Last night I was falling asleep on the couch and she kept sticking toys in my face and hands! Wish I had her energy!
That would have to be Kiah too; on the computer or couch I get toys dropped in my lap so we can play. I will admit around 8:00 I go to the bedroom and wathch TV for awhile; somethimes she will come in and get in bed with me. Wubba is her new favorite toy right now, she will shake with her head and let it fly across the room.  I am figuring one of these days I will be able to get rid of satellite because I will have a wubba right in the middle of my TV.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh boy that's a tough one...Well Samson, the senior citizen gets a 2... :lol: He can't help it, he's old...Angel has days when she's a 10 then she has days when she is a 5. But she paces a lot, for no reason, my Buck used to do that a lot. Always has to know what everyone is doing... :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
i would say Beckham is probably a 6...he CAN have a lot of energy, but also tuckers out relatively easily (although he will literally play and play until he passes out)!

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'd rate Daisy at an 11! We don't call her crazy Daisy for nothing!
When she gets excited and has a mad do, she will wear herself out and collapse, panting as if she is shattered, but two seconds later she'll be up and off again like a rocket!!

Heather

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tango has to be a 7.  He has plenty of energy but likes to get his sleep in too.  It seems like the older he gets the less sleep he needs.  It was kind of nice with him sleeping a lot.   It takes quite a bit for him to get drained now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I forgot to add.  Something that I read was important was to match your energy level to your dogs to have a good match.  Do you guys think you are keeping your dogs exercised and have enough energy to keep up with them.

I just started about a week or two ago getting up and taking Tango for a walk and then for another once I get home or after supper.  This seems to keep him content and more trainable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts