Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We've been on raw for about 2 months now with great results. With the heat waves we've been having, my puppies sometimes don't get hungry until pretty late in the day - sometimes close to bedtime. I've been hesitant to feed close to bedtime in case they need to potty in the night. Right now they eat dinner around 5:30-6:30 and they sleep through the night.

I know that with kibble they wouldn't last through the night, but not sure with raw. Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I don't have any advice on raw. I just find it interesting that they don't sleep through the night when fed late. I've never heard of that problem before. I feed my two around 9 every night due to work and they never get me up to potty.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have any advice on raw. I just find it interesting that they don't sleep through the night when fed late. I've never heard of that problem before. I feed my two around 9 every night due to work and they never get me up to potty.
Oh, I don't know if feeding late will affect their sleep. That's my question. I haven't tried it yet. My 4-month-old and 9-month old are both doing so great that I don't want to do anything to jeopardize it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feed herc once a day and sometimes it's at 4pm sometimes it's at 8pm, he never needs to potty at night unless we forget to take him out before bed but then it's our fault and it's only a pee. I think every dog is different so it's your judgement call

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Thanks for the reply. A couple of questions:
Do you feed raw?
How old is your dog?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Wyatt is a little over 2 he gets fed between 6:30-7:15 am(depending on weekday or weekend) and 5-6 pm. If he gets up in the middle of the night I'm assuming it's just a pee, we have a doggy door so he goes out on his own. I do know he always poops after eating breakfast. Not sure about after dinner. Once he didn't get fed until a lot later, around 9ish and it had no effect on his sleeping.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
my guys eat twice a day and sometimes it is late in the evening and as long as they are let out for potty before our bedtime they do sleep through the night

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
My girl eats at 7:30 am and if I feed her later than 8pm she will either get really sick in the night or just not sleep properly and keep us all up

So she eats her dinner about 6-7ish at night

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
833 Posts
We've fed raw for over 2 years. There is no set schedule for feeding. Sometimes dinner meal is fed as late as 10PM due to our busy schedules and neither of my girls have ever had an issue eating so late.

They actually tend to snub their food if it's too hot to eat and will get it offered later when it cools down and that's when they will eat it.

Doesn't hurt to try it for a few days and see how your dogs react.

·
Registered
995 Posts
We are now 5 weeks into raw with Tucker. He is fed twice a day, usually, between 5 to 7 am and between 5 & 7 pm -- sometimes a little earlier and sometimes a little later, depending on the day & its activities. No problems with sleeping through the night. He is nearly 2 1/2 yrs of age.... loves raw & doing very well on it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts