Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

My husband and I are starting to save up for our future puppy. We've decided to go with Kaco Boxers as I've fallen in love with their philosophy and their dogs. Hopefully they accept us as future parents :clap2:. I see that puppies are being fed a raw diet and we would like to continue that. I would like any advice and tips on feeding raw to a puppy. How often do you recommend feeding? What kinds of meats do we start with? I see on many threads a bunch of different sources of meat... for someone who's a newbie to the raw diet how do you keep it simple without causing any nutritional deficiency? What about treats for puppy training?

Thank you so much in advance

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok I will refer to that so no one has to repeat the information. Thank you for that. I'm still getting used to the site :)

I hope they agree to let us have a puppy! We are from the states but have decided to make the trip to Canada to get a puppy from her :) I have just been blown away by her philosophy and her heart for the breed. I wish we had more like her here in the states :)

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Oh ok I will refer to that so no one has to repeat the information. Thank you for that. I'm still getting used to the site :)

I hope they agree to let us have a puppy! We are from the states but have decided to make the trip to Canada to get a puppy from her :) I have just been blown away by her philosophy and her heart for the breed. I wish we had more like her here in the states :)
Oh how cool! re sticky..just thought it would be helpful. I'm not a raw feeder so I don't know..I've seen Kari many times on here helping some of us newer to the breed owners. I think her info is wonderful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh how cool! re sticky..just thought it would be helpful. I'm not a raw feeder so I don't know..I've seen Kari many times on here helping some of us newer to the breed owners. I think her info is wonderful.
If you don't mind me asking... what do you feed your dog? Though we would love to feed raw, let's say if it isn't feasible for us, we would want to feed our puppy the next best thing

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I feed our guy Victor Select high energy. Good food look under dogfoodadvisor.com to get ratings on different foods. Our trainer is a master dog trainer and raises catahoulas. Both he and our vet recommended we put Kai on it when he was 5 months. We added a probity to both his meals. His stool is always firm now. Over the first few years some were a little soft after exercise but now he goes 3x a day. Early morning is 2x then my daughter takes him on a 2 miles walk in the afternoon about 3-4 and he goes at least once sometime twice and thats it. This is new usually he would go again at night but not in the past week since she started this walking. HIs breeder started him on royal canon, though many on here do not like it s the rating it not high and it has grains, Victor is grain free, better for boxers. I actually liked the rc for him as their boxer formula had the bits of food shaped differently and that seemed to agree with him, at the time. Our trainer wanted him off puppy food as he said we shouldn't let him grow too fast that it would be beneficial for his bones . We didn't neuter him until 12 months for this reason also. Everyone is different in what they do so I'm not saying my method is the best or whats right, it just worked for us. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts