Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have had two boxers in the past, both shelter dogs. They were amazing dogs and definitely the reason I've fallen in love with the breed but they also had some heredity issues that I would like the best chance of avoiding in the future.

I also have been feeding my dogs a prey-model raw diet for almost 10 years and would ideally want to buy from a breeder who feeds their dams, and weans the pups to a raw diet. Obviously health testing is a must.

I currently live on the east coast (south) but planning to move to Indiana next year so probably looking at breeders more in the midwest. I'm not opposed to driving several hours for the right pup, so anyone in IN, KY, OH, MI, IL or perhaps even further might be ok.

Please let me know if you have experience with or have heard of a reputable breeder who raw feeds!

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
We too live in the Midwest (Illinois) and are looking for the same type of breeder. If anyone knows of one, please let us know. We are also open to driving for the right puppy.

·
Super Moderator
7,017 Posts
Contact Jestic Boxers

https://www.jesticboxer.com/

I realize this is out of your preferred area but they are a raw fed, health tested American show breeder that fits your requirements and if they don’t have anything available, I’m sure they can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is just my opinion... but I would look for....
Health testing,
Work ability,
Raw feed.
In that order.

I just think if you limited yourself to raw-feed breeders, your cutting down your options.
In my list, Health test and work ability would be 1a and 1b. Raw feed would be pretty far behind the other 2.
I'm just not sure what the long term effects of raw feed parents would have on the puppy?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts