Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, everything that I have read about puppy training so far recommends measuring out the puppy's daily food allotment and using that as their treats for training and hand feeding throughout the day. However, I very much want to feed my puppy a raw diet, so how do you make this work? I understand raw feeding a puppy, but how should I break up their food so that we can train throughout the day? And does that mean that I and my kiddos are handling raw meat all day long??? Any tips or suggestions on how past raw puppy owners have made this work? Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just trying to bump this up and see if I can get any input from the raw feeders out there. I'm thinking of just using some cooked chicken for training purposes during the day, but now I'm wondering if that would mess up her digestion? I mean going back and forth between the cooked meat for treats and training and giving the chicken legs raw as meals. any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
We bought a dehydrator and made our own treats when duke went to raw, you can also use an oven.. I don't think a bit of cooked chicken here and there for a training treats would be an issue.. pet stores also make those freeze dried treats that also might work.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
There is a raw forum I used when I transitioned and it was great for answering questions I had on the spot... Although information on here is excellent the time in which you may get an answer may vary when the select few of raw feeders are on...I'll find you the link. Don't join the Facebook raw fourm unless your ok with strong individuals that make you feel stupid for asking a question... lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts