Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When they say raw meaty bones for a raw diet,does that mean uncooked bones with most of the meat cut off or does it mean an uncooked bone with all the meat still on it?In other words if I start buying my pork chops with the bone in them and then cut the bone out and give it to Jake........this is ok ,right?I am not going to feed a raw diet but thought this might be a nice treat to give him every once in a while.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah and are all uncooked bones ok to give to dogs.Oh yeah and please dont say here read this link.I have read all the links and by the time I get done I am more confused than when I started.So I am looking for answers from some one who does this or from people that dont and can tell my why either way.Thanks again

·
Registered
496 Posts
I don't feed uncooked bones so I cant really tell you if it is good. I guess i just look at as i dont like uncooked meat so why would my haven IMO.
Samantha

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
RMB are meals.  Like chix necks and backs.   If you are not raw feeding then RMB are not for you.  You are looking for recreational bones like Marrow bones, knuckle bones etc.    A good chew vice but nutritional at the same time.

I would avoid the pork bones from chops, mainly because the bone is thin and easily can become a coking hazzard esp if you dog is not apt to eating a raw diet and bones.    Its not recreational.   Go to your butcher, grocery store and ask for marrow bones.   These bones are thick and safe for the dog to chew.  Some are not "Naked" bones and do have the meat attached.   Which is good because it takes longer for them to eat.

And as with any bone, always feed supervised.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome info Hanna!!!!!!Thank You very much,that is exactly what I wanted to find out.I wasnt trying to give Jake the porkchop bone as a meal,I just had a bone in a pork chop that I was getting ready to fix so I cut it out and gave it to him.I think he would have chose that bone over peanut butter.He went crazy chewing on it until it was all gone.I just gave it as a treat since I had it but I guess I probably shouldnt have.Thanks so much for the info and I wont be doing that again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts