Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I got this food at the store tonight only because it was really cheap!! My question is should I cook it or give it to her raw?? Here is the list of products:
fresh beef liver
fresh beef honeycomb tripe
chicken gizzards and hearts
chicken livers

I also got 2 marrow bones for $1.90 but I know those arent suppose to be cooked :roll:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Raw... on the bulldog forum those are recommended as part of the raw diet

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kenya!! I actually found it on another site :lol:  I think we may switch her totally to Raw!!! The other site said 40%-45% raw meaty bones which includes chicken backs and necks, turkey necks, pork neck bones, venison ribs and neck bones, whole fish, moose ribs, beef knuckle bones 30%-35% veggie mix and 30%-35% offal(organ meat, beef liver, kidney, spleen, heart, lung and tripe, pork liver kidney and heart and chicken liver gizzard and heart) it seems easy enough but Ill have to try it out for a right "amount" to give to her because it doesnt really say! Your also suppose to mix the veggie mix and offal together in the blender! YUCK!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
LOL Does sound gross!!

I think I'm switching to raw though too! Whole raw chickens with organs and everything are $4 each... But I'm going to call a poultry/meat wholesaler and see if I can get a better price... That way I won't have to go to a million different places to get what I need... Plus the wholesaler is the father of a girl I went to school with from Kindergarten to 12th grade! So maybe he'll cut me a break!  :D  Doesn't hurt to try!

I joined 3 diff BARF yahoo groups to learn as much as possible before I take the plunge..

I've also been reading stuff from here: http://www.njboxers.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts