Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Chasing my other pets

:D Hello All......Does anyone have advice on how to stop my boxer Zeus from chasinging my cats (we have 3 cats, Kitty a tortie,Dahlila a siamese,and Picaso an abbysinian)? They are not scared of Zeus, and he is trying to play with them. Zeus also is starting to play a little to rough with our little brussel griffon Rocco. Zeus shows no aggression, I'm  just a little nervous because he is only 4months old and when he gets bigger I don't want anyone to get hurt. We have lots of toys for him, (he's sooo cute when he pulls them all out of his crate one by one leaving mom a mess to clean up about 12 toys all in the family room). I hear boxers are born chasers, but any ideas on if you can control the behavior. Zeus does play gentle with our skin children.

G

·
0 Posts
I know that Jetta is a little rough with my sis's Pomchi..but as she has been getting older (4 months now) she is being more and more gentle...Bo is very Gentle with Jetta, he is 9 months..i think they learn as they get older to judge their exuberance to the size of their playmate...

·
Registered
942 Posts
We taught our dogs the command 'easy', it seems to work pretty well. We first taught it to Milo when Kaci was a puppy, so she wouldn't get hurt when they played. Just be firm and consistant when telling him "No!" about playing with the kittys and then tell him easy and show him to back off with your other dog. When they are playing 'easy' be sure to give lots of praise.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Also as Zeus is still a pup, that natural exhuberence tends to take over...As they get older they do start to learn when to be gentle as well....But a bit of discipline is always a good thing too.... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts